Massive bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive bug

This has probably been discussed to death , but just incase.

So last night im playing , i see 6 players on my team. After a few rounds I notice of of my teamates is hanging out with a couple of bad guys and I notice it's always one stray cat from the sqad always with bad guys, shooting at me...

They kill me a few times, so I start asking, who the hell is on our team that keeps shooting at me. Everyone's like " What the hell are you talking about ". So I look at my map and decide to go find the dude and finally see his name ( in green ) before him and the bad guys kill me.

I cant recall the name, for this , let's say his name was bob. I say " bob " what the hell are you doing killing me. No response, so my squad says " what the hell are you talking about, there is no bob on our team " Im like bob, he's on our squad, hitting tab, i read our sqad members, and everyone agrees there is no bob on the team.

They dont beleive me, so i say, ok watch, im going to grab a chopper and find and kill him. So i go, grab chopper and at least try to kill him, bombard the hell out of him, but he doesnt die. At least someone else killed him.

Anyhow, are you guys aware of this bug, better yet is BF2 guys aware of it? Pretty severe bug i'd say.

Re: Massive bug

Hehe, yea, that's the identification - friend or foe bug.. IFF.. or just the red tag bug. Guys on your team appear red, guys on the other team appear blue/green. It shows itself in many different ways.

Here's a good (bad?) example of it. The other night I was flying and a guy on the other team was showing up on my team.. Wouldn't have been so bad, but he was also flying so while I could see his jet flying around, I couldn't lock on to it.

If EA/DICE aren't aware of it they must have their heads buried in the sand.. Tons of complaints about it.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

yeah, its so annoying that bug.

If you press escape to go to the menu then escape again to rejoin the server it is meant to fix it.

Not sure if this is for the person who is friendly/foe or for the person who is viewing them as on the wrong team.

Comment

I think someone else said that this was likely caused by lag or something. Autobalancetakes someone off your team, but when the server is sending you the packet informing you of the change something interrupts it, and another isnt sent. So you have the guy autobalanced, who is in synch with the server, group A who all got their packets and are in synch with the server, and group B whose packets were lost and are now out of synch with the server.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston85
          If you press escape to go to the menu then escape again to rejoin the server it is meant to fix it.
          That doesn't fix it. Or rather, it has never fixed it for me...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
            That doesn't fix it. Or rather, it has never fixed it for me...
            This bug still isnt fixed, happened the other night, someone on my sqad kept killing me saying I appeared red... argh.

Dont buy the expansion till this is fixed !!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X