VOIP? Headset? Settings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP? Headset? Settings?

VOIP was working just fine. Then blammo! No worky for me. Could it be the kids playing behind the computer? How about the VOIP settings? Or the jacks for the headset? Who knows? I have tried everything my limited mind can come up with. I have searched here and other forums. I now throw myself upon your merciful minds for sweet relief. For the love of everything that is holy, or at least TG worthy, help me get my VOIP up and running.

This picture with the plugs in is for illustration only. I think the pink plug is supposed to be in the green (right) jack.

"Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Re: VOIP? Headset? Settings?

What happens when you do that microphone test?

It kinda looks like that blue plug has a picture of a microphone next to it. What soundcard is that?
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

You've got your microphone plugged into your rear-surround speakers jack. If you haven't blown your microphone, you might try plugging it into the blue jack. If the mic is still good, that should fix it!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I never got much from the mic test, only little bit of a bar. When I do the test I still don't get much but the bar moves. Additionally, I know the mic is good and being read by BF2 because the mic bar is moving. It moves more when I touch the mic to adjust it. I am in the process of re-installing BF2 to see if that helps.
        "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
        [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Try moving the microphone threshold down.. Mine's at like 6% and I can hear myself talking through the speakers during the test. When I put it higher (like 50%) I start getting back distortion.

It looks like the green is output1, black is output2, yellow is output3, and blue is input or digital.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          | for | |

Comment

It looks as if the mic should be in the blue plug. The one that says ->o <mic icon> (means line in or micro) OR DIGITAL IO
            The green black and yellow plugs all have arrows out o-> meaning line-out.

Plug your mike into the blue plug and let us know what happens.

As an aside: I just tried a Plantronics DSP300 everyone at work got and it didn't work as well as the on-board sound. It was more tinny and people couldn't understand.

Comment

Threashold is as low as it can go, jack is in the blue plug and I am still getting the same results. I have a buddy coming over this weekend with his mic and we are going to plug that in and see if I can get it to work. That willl eliminate the mic (or confirm it) as an issue. I have reinstalled BF2 but preliminary tests are the same as before.

You guys can hear yourselves? I can't.
              [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

The microphone isn't muted in the windows settings is it?
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                | for | |

Comment

Nope. But of course now my right earpiece is cutting out on me. This is the same side the mic is on. I think I have a BO set. I'll get back to you guys on it.
                  [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Well....it was my headset after all.

Nw I have to consider if I try to return the BO headset or get a new one. If I get a new one do I get a USB? Decisions.....
                    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

I got a DSP headset from work (Plantronics DSP 300). It works, but the mic was not louder than my analog one. The sound was not as good - somehow tinnier, those explosions didn't have the impact I was used to.

Comment

I got a Logitech 350 USB immediately prior to the release of BF2 and have been VERY happy with it. Great voice quality to boot.

Comment

How long have you had it? I had my last headset (A Logitech) for a month. Of course I also have a platoon of drunken midgets running around the house...
                          [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

What kind of sound card do you have? A USB headset will replace that for BF2. It may or may not be a step up in sound quality.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

when i reformatted, i had the same issues. It turns out it was from the sound drivers having fast microphone switching. I had to downloaded drivers from april 04. Try downloading old drviers.
                              |TG| aschmack

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X