Problems with BF2 and GeForce 6600GT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with BF2 and GeForce 6600GT?

I today got my upgraded computer with AMD64 3000+ and nVidia GeForce 6600GT. I was so eager to launch BF2 and start playing after a short break. I fired up BF2, got the load screen, the screen turned black, flickered a couple of times and... BOOM - back to Windows.

I've tried with the latest nVidia drivers (78.01) and the onces that are shipped with BF2 on the DVD. But the result is always the same - BF2 returnes to Windows after a short black screen.

I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this with a nVidia graphic card? And what would be a possible solutions?

My moderboard is an ASUS A8N-SLI which should be quite good. It's based on nForce chipset and I've installed the nVidia drivers that came with the motherboard.

So now I am qithout BF2 after an eager wait and quite pissed off... would anyone have a solution to this or has anyone similar experiences? The game worked fine on my old ATI Radeon 9800. damn...

Re: Problems with BF2 and GeForce 6600GT?

I ran a 6600GT for a while without any problems in BF2. I was running it on an Intel chipset board with a 3.0Ghz P4 though and not AMD hardware.

I recent upgraded to an X850XT simply to gain better performance.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

I've got an ASUS A8VDeluxe and am running a EVGA 6800Gt with no problems.

I'm no expert but I'd start with the obvious questions...is your power supply up to the task? It should probably be at least 500W and a good brand like Antec or something like that. If you did a home build and bought a case with a power supply they aren't so good I hear.

Did you install the most up to date patch for BF2? That may address your problem.

There is a technical help board in this site but I havent been there yet. When I did my first computer build this year I found a lot of help at www.sysopt.com. I liken them as the TG type forum for computer modders...respectful, thoughtful and not a flamer in sight usually.

Good luck
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Did you start over with a fresh install of Windows when you changed your hardware? If not, you probably should have.

I'm running a similar system to yours - amd64 3000+, 6600, nForce4 board -- without issues. I'd start by uninstalling BF2 through Add/Remove programs, removing the Battlefield 2 directory from My Documents, and trying again.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

We have several people using variations of the Gforce 6600GT here at work and have only had problems with a couple of those. The 2 problems I am aware of were both caused by bad drivers for the card. Uninstalling the drivers (not merely reinstalling over the top) and installing from a fresh copy of the latest release drivers solved the problem.
          Kornkob

I want to move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Comment

Originally posted by perry
            Did you start over with a fresh install of Windows when you changed your hardware? If not, you probably should have.

I'm running a similar system to yours - amd64 3000+, 6600, nForce4 board -- without issues. I'd start by uninstalling BF2 through Add/Remove programs, removing the Battlefield 2 directory from My Documents, and trying again.
            Wow, the problem wasn't in the hardware nor the drivers. Thank's to your post, I deleted my BF2 directory from My Documents which I had backuped and now it seems that BF2 is launching :) NICE!

...did not thought of that at first.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X