Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking to individual squads as CO

Hey Dudes and Dudettes;

I was playing CO last night (9/30) on Daquing, and it was not a good time. The reason why is because, for some obscure reason, I could not talk to the individual squads; it was the broadcast to all squads, or nothing!

I was very frustrated with this arrangement, because I know how much incessant CO chatter limits the SLs ability to do their job. The best solution I could come up with was to mute my comms to all squads except the one that I wanted to talk to: not the best solution, to say the least. I was so busy muting and un-muting different squads that I found I was neglecting my real role as CO, to provide information, material support and direction to my squads.

I tried numerous times to re-map my controls, (thinking this may have something to do with the problem) but to no avail. Finally, in a mixed blessing of sorts, my internet connection went down (sometimes shaky things happen here in the far north :( ).

I spent the rest of night searching the 'net, looking for someone else who has this problem, and what their solution was. Seems that nobody (at least, nobody I coudl find) has this issue.

Finally, what may or may not be a contributor to the problem; my default play mode uses non-standard key bindings (i suspect many others are like this also). I use 'T' for regular squad comms and NumpadEnter for the Commander Channel. On a potentially related note, I also have two joystick buttons mapped to my VOIP channels, so I can talk and fly, and lastly, I have the primary and secondary commo roses assigned to mouse 3 and 4 respectively.

Anybody have any ideas out there? Help me, Obi-wan; you're my only hope!

Dice.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
    [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
    Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Re: Speaking to individual squads as CO

Bumped...in desperation as I have the exact problem.

It's disheartening that there was no reply to Diceman's original question...but if anyone out there has any suggestions or solutions I'd appreciate it.

I simply seem unable to speak to invidual squads over voip when I'm CO.

Help.

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
    if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

Whatever key you use to talk to your squadmates within a squad is the key to use to talk to individual squads as commander. To talk to more than one squad just pick the two squads like you do with files in windows(ctrl probably) and use the same talk button.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mantis...but that procedure does not work for me :(

It's exactly what I'm trying to do but no joy.

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
        if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

So the standard "B" key works when you're in a squad, but not when you're CO? Or it's not working for either?
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Goat was my SL last night on PR and I can verify that his voip was working and I could hear him loud and clear. That's really weird. Like Mantis said, the same key you use to talk to us should be the same one you use to talk to an individual squad as CO.

Comment

Originally posted by asch View Post
              So the standard "B" key works when you're in a squad, but not when you're CO?
              Exactly.

Obvious frustration ensues for all my SLs (receiving CO voip spam) and me for being the spammer!

I've tried remapping the key, tried mapping a secondary key, and no joy. One thing I will try today is selecting the squads I wish to speak to with the keyboard vs the mouse...but I'm stretching it there...

Cheers,

|

Comment

You might want to check the EA Support site about this. It appears to be a bug.
                The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. ~
                I have a tendency to key out three or four things and then let them battle for supremacy while I key, so there's a lot of backspacing as potential statements are slaughtered and eaten by the victors. ~
                Feel free to quote me. ~

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X