Gfx probs since the patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gfx probs since the patch

Anyone else got this? Anyone got a solution?

AX4SPE Max II
    P4 2.4c
    3Gb RAM (2x512 Dane Elec PC3200, 2x1Gb Corsair PC3200) 3-3-3-8
    2x Seagate Barracuda 120Gb SATA HDD 7200rpm
    Hercules 9700 Pro

Before the patch I was getting fps of around 60 on average, dipping to 25 in really extreme effects (spinning round shooting in the middle of a smoke gren just gone off etc etc), but sometimes at 100 if I stood still looking at a bland bit of wall. Generally ran at 50-75 depending on what I was doing.

Now it runs at 15 (I kid you not). Even with all effects turned to the lowest setting I get at best 30. Game is so glitchy it feels like lag. Any ideas?

Re: Gfx probs since the patch

Originally posted by Wulfyn
    Anyone else got this? Anyone got a solution?

AX4SPE Max II
    P4 2.4c
    3Gb RAM (2x512 Dane Elec PC3200, 2x1Gb Corsair PC3200) 3-3-3-8
    2x Seagate Barracuda 120Gb SATA HDD 7200rpm
    Hercules 9700 Pro

Before the patch I was getting fps of around 60 on average, dipping to 25 in really extreme effects (spinning round shooting in the middle of a smoke gren just gone off etc etc), but sometimes at 100 if I stood still looking at a bland bit of wall. Generally ran at 50-75 depending on what I was doing.

Now it runs at 15 (I kid you not). Even with all effects turned to the lowest setting I get at best 30. Game is so glitchy it feels like lag. Any ideas?
    Very strange. I assume you've checked your control panel that you didnt accidently turn on AA/AF and made sure other games are performing correctly? Defrag your HDD too while you're at it.

You can also have the game reoptimize your shaders (maybe something got screwed up in the patch?). Go to My Documents, open your BF2 folder, look for the Mods folder, open the Cache folder and delete the folder residing in Cache. After you start your next game you'll see the "Optimizing Shaders for Best Performance" on the load screen as the data is rebuilt fresh. It'll take a couple minutes but you wont see it again after that.

Comment

i'm getting the same thing, wulfyn. A64 3000+, 1GB, 9800np. i had 60+ fps before, now i'm getting 30-40 with spurts of unplayable lagginess. literally feels like about one frame per second sometimes.

worst 'patch' ever.
      [TG]epheneh

Comment

Very strange. I assume you've checked your control panel that you didnt accidently turn on AA/AF and made sure other games are performing correctly?
        Nope - and have altered the gfx a few times (even dropping everything to low/off) and still get the same problem.

You can also have the game reoptimize your shaders (maybe something got screwed up in the patch?). Go to My Documents, open your BF2 folder, look for the Mods folder, open the Cache folder and delete the folder residing in Cache. After you start your next game you'll see the "Optimizing Shaders for Best Performance" on the load screen as the data is rebuilt fresh. It'll take a couple minutes but you wont see it again after that.
        I fresh installed the game and added the patch before anything else, and it re-optimised there.

I seriously think this is a memory problem :(

Comment

im getting the same stuff, really bad performance that deteritorates untill i finally get a kick to desktop, nothing changed but the patch

CHEERS EA

edit: my cd-key is now apprently invalid aswell

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

well i sorted my issues, the cd-key issue was solved by a simple reinstall, and the crash to deskop + poor performance seemed to be caused by a program called windowblinds, it basically reskins your windows to jazz it up abit, i just diabled it and stopped its service and im back to my normal performance and the crashs are gone, I also installed nvidias latest beta drivers and it feels a touch faster, all i can suggest wulf is have a look at all your running services and do some trail and error tests, taken me most of the day but im glad i got my issues fixed

Comment

Not bad advice there. I commonly play 'Task Manager Russian Roulette' to eek as much performance out as possible. For example, my HP* printer drivers, iTouch and KEM Logitech I/O interface drivers and CPI.exe can all be binned. That drops me down to a regular 147M usage with TS running, and the way I have configured my comp there is not a lot of fat elsewhere. I really have very very few non-essential processes running.

The real annoyance is that the patch is the ONLY thing that has changed. Everything else is identical.

I'm gonna play with my memory placement and sound settings to see if that makes a difference. I have noticed that my fps drops to 10ish when I get in a vehicle, and I am wondering if that is because of a sound issue (engine noise being the only seemingly different thing).

*sod it I'm gonna rebuild the thing.

Comment

Well I had a flash of inspiration.

Dane Elec (DE)
                Corsair (CR)

Ok..

Originally:-
                Channel 1 Slot A - DE#1
                Channel 2 Slot A - Empty
                Channel 1 Slot B - DE#2
                Channel 2 Slot B - Empty

And then I got the Corsairs...

Channel 1 Slot A - DE#1
                Channel 2 Slot A - CR#1
                Channel 1 Slot B - DE#2
                Channel 2 Slot B - CR#2

But it threw up a couple of SATA problems (hanging on not finding a RAID array that wasn't there...) so in true computer witchcraft I switched the Corsairs

Channel 1 Slot A - DE#1
                Channel 2 Slot A - CR#2
                Channel 1 Slot B - DE#2
                Channel 2 Slot B - CR#1

This is the situation I was in before the patch, and after it. But thinking it'd be something just plain memory weird I switched the corsairs to channel 1...

Channel 1 Slot A - CR#2
                Channel 2 Slot A - DE#1
                Channel 1 Slot B - CR#1
                Channel 2 Slot B - DE#2

And now everything is back fine, and running at 60fps....

Comment

You might want to try this: http://forums.filefront.com/showthre...hreadid=217620
                  |TG| aschmack

Comment

elmer - that's a great tip. My housemate had told me about this yesterday, so that could also be a contributing factor to it. Good thinking to post it up tho - thanks!

(bf2gfx.exe) :)

Comment

glad you got it fixed, though i cant imagine how the dimm placement effects fps like that...

Comment

witchcraft ;)

Comment

i've toned down my settings, and i'm still having problems. i'm now getting 60-90fps normally, but with random slideshows when lots of action starts occuring. i can find no constant in when it happens, other than it always happens with lots of explosions and action on the screen (but it doesn't ALWAYS happen).

it's really aggravating.
                          [TG]epheneh

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...