Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfire with 1.03

Found this on the Xfire forums:

"Well, since patch 1.03, xfire is broken and you can not connect to a bf2 server anymore. This is because bf2 now requires your username and password in the command-line when launching. Here's a quick fix until xfire updates:

- Go into your C:\Program Files\Xfire folder and open xfire_games.ini

- Find: [4578]

You should see something like this:
    Code:
    [4578]
    LongName=Battlefield 2
    ShortName=bf2
    Icon=bf2.ico
    LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electro nic Arts\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\InstallDir
    LauncherExe=BF2.exe
    LauncherPasswordArgs=+password %UA_GAME_HOST_PASSWORD%
    LauncherNetworkArgs=+joinServer %UA_GAME_HOST_NAME% +port %UA_GAME_HOST_PORT% %UA_LAUNCHER_PASSWORD_ARGS%
    Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%
    ServerStatusType=BF2
    InGameRenderer=D3D9
    InGameFlags=DISABLE_RELEASE|BLOCK_ASYNC
    ExcludeIPPorts=80,28910,29900,29901,29902,29903,29 904

- Under "Launch=" append +playername yourusername +playerPassword yourpassword

- It should now look like:

Code:
    Launch=%UA_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 %UA_LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS% +playername yourusername +playerPassword yourpassword

- Restart Xfire

It should work like normal now, and it even bypasses the annoying account screen at the start!"

Re: Xfire with 1.03

Ohh, that's a good tip. Thanks!

Comment

This should also work for creating a desktop shortcut to TG servers. Just append "+playername name +playerpassword password +joinServer 70.86.19.218 +password password" to the shortcut...

I'll have to test it out later.
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

I'm a useful n00b, no?

Comment

You are a genius. If this works I'll kiss you in the game even if you are an enemy.

Comment

Yea, it does work for desktop shortcuts. My target now looks like:
            "D:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +playername |TG|perry +playerPassword asif +joinServer 70.86.19.218 +port 16567 +password serverpw

It puts me straight in to the server.
            Battlefield Admin() ()
            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
            | for | |

Comment

Originally posted by marstein
              You are a genius. If this works I'll kiss you in the game even if you are an enemy.
              You owe me a kiss.

05legacy on Xfire

Comment

Thanks for the heads up!!

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Hot Damn - Used perry's shortcut. LIKE A CHARM. This had been bugging me for a week. I still get the silly "Message from EA" graphic, but in just a few seconds the server loads up. AWESOME.

Great post - anyway to get this info put into one of Asch's stickies?
                  [hive]krusty-o

Comment

Now I wanted to permanently set my nickname and it didn't work with the Global.con prefix setting. It just didn't show it.
                    So I made it work by setting in the current profile (0001 for me) in the Profile.con
                    Code:
                    LocalProfile.setName "marstein"
                    LocalProfile.setNick "|TG|marstein"
                    LocalProfile.setGamespyNick "marstein"
                    That works, but now the shortcut does not work any more. I get the login screen and no server with this command line in the shortcut:

Code:
                    "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe"  +szx 1280 +szy 1024 +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +playername marstein +playerPassword x +joinServer 70.86.19.218 +port 16567 +password x
                    Strange. Is there a command line option for setting the nickname? Apparently you can set name, nick and gamespynick.

Comment

Originally posted by marstein
                      Strange. Is there a command line option for setting the nickname? Apparently you can set name, nick and gamespynick.
                      I listed all command line options in this thread... looks like the closest is playername. Then again, this list was before 1.03.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58239

Comment

I can finally play online again as of tonight. My upstairs neighbor moved and took his wireless router with him (I was playing wirelessly for free. Yes he knew, and yes I would have connection issues at times).

My broadband line will be connected today. It's been a long week.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X