X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 problems, help plz

Hi guys, I've just done all of this:
    I installed BF2,
    Now downloading all the patches and have installed them.
    Allready set my monitor and so on 800x600.
    I'm also allready downloading CounterStrike: Condition zero, will let that finish first before installing all the patches and so, did that...
    WindowsFirewall is down aswell.

My specs: Card: MEDION RADEON 9600 TX

Now when I start up BF2, I get the first screen, it looks like it's loading and then it just crashes and restarts my computer...
    Any suggestions?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: BF2 problems, help plz

Originally posted by -=[dMw]=-DuVeL
    Hi guys, I've just done all of this:
    I installed BF2,
    Now downloading all the patches and have installed them.
    Allready set my monitor and so on 800x600.
    I'm also allready downloading CounterStrike: Condition zero, will let that finish first before installing all the patches and so, did that...
    WindowsFirewall is down aswell.

My specs: Card: MEDION RADEON 9600 TX

Now when I start up BF2, I get the first screen, it looks like it's loading and then it just crashes and restarts my computer...
    Any suggestions?
    Video Card Drivers would be my bet. Try the latest Catalysts, or Omega drivers.

Comment

K, I've updated my drivers, didn't work, after that tryed this:
      The only other thing that comes to mind is to delete the cache files in your BF2 folder and let BF2 recreate them. The files will be in the following location:

C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\

where <username> is replaced with your xp user name

Delete all folders in that location - they will be recreated when BF2 starts.

Also not working.

Any more suggestions?
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

No-one else? Please help me...I've played BF2 on a LAN of 40 people and liked it, would like to play it this weekend from my home.

Comment

My complete list:
          BF2 starts up and restarts my computer, need help...

-Installed BF2;
          -Installed all 3 patches;
          -Installed latest Graphicscard (a MEDION RADEON 9600 TX) drivers;
          -Stopped the Windows Firewall and AntiVirus and all other programs that might give a problem;
          -Set my card/monitor on 800x600 @60 Hz because I've heard that BF2 must start at this res/refresh rate the first time it starts.

Now when I start up BF2, I get the first screen, it looks like it's loading and then it just crashes and restarts my computer.

I also got these suggestions:
          *Make sure nothing is overclocked and that memory settings are allocated in BIOS using SPD. Additionally, if your graphics card uses a 4pin molex power connector in addition to the power from the AGP slot then make sure nothing else is using the same power rail.
          *Can you run 3D mark OK or any other games for that matter?
          *The only other thing that comes to mind is to delete the cache files in your BF2 folder and let BF2 recreate them. The files will be in the following location:
          C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\cache\
          where <username> is replaced with your xp user name
          Delete all folders in that location - they will be recreated when BF2 starts.

Anymore suggestions? The last suggestion I got is reinstall windows.

Comment

May be audio driver issue. Try re-installing your audio drivers.

[age-c1] [conduct]
            Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Trigger
              May be audio driver issue. Try re-installing your audio drivers.
              I only use my headset and so, never anything else. Will check it out though, thanks.

Comment

I wish I could help you out Duvel, but I have never heard of that happening to anyone. Have you tried running the game after the first or second patch (1.0.1 or 1.0.2)? See if the game runs from those patched versions, or even try the non-patched game in an effort to determine if the problem is with your comp or related to the patches. As everyone else has said, make sure your drivers for hardware are all up to date.

Comment

Where did you hear that the game must start at 800x600 60HZ? And how are you setting your monitor to do so?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

You can start BF2 in a window by changing +fullscreen 1 to +fullscreen 0 in the desktop shortcut properties. This might let you see an error message or window that's being hidden by the fullscreen mode.

Some other obvious stuff I'm sure you've checked already (in no particular order of importance):

1. Make sure you're running DirectX 9.0c
                    2. Check your motherboard chipset drivers for updates
                    3. You mentioned the 3d mark suggestion, are your scores appropriate for your hardware?

That's all I can think of for now, if I come across any other solutions or suggestions I'll post here again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                      Where did you hear that the game must start at 800x600 60HZ? And how are you setting your monitor to do so?
                      Originally posted by -=[dMw
                      =-BlueBall,Oct 12 2005, 09:08 PM]
                      Make sure your card/monitor can allow 800x600 @60Hz to run. Reason being is that BF2 must start at this res/refresh rate the first time it starts.

eg make sure you are not using any refresh force software when you start it the first time :)
                      [snapback]100553[/snapback]
                      I'll try everything posted, allready got like 16 different things to try. I'll make a complete list when I've solved it with all the solutions people have suggested.

Comment

If the computer reboots when he starts the game there is another issue.

* Check that you have the latest BIOS, and device drivers - because this is probably a low-level issue.
                        * Run the game with the +fullscreen 0 flag so you can see error messages
                        * Do you have the problem with any other programs?
                        * Is your hardware on the non-supported list?
                        * disable your audio and run the game
                        * go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com and check that your OS is upto date

What is your motherboard/PC maker? How much memory do you have and how much harddisk is left over...

Sounds like a tough one...

Comment

I didnt see it mentioned in the thread but what about checking the Power supply to the vid card...or the power supply in general. I'm not an IS guy so I don't know if this is the right direction but I've seen that suggestion on other, similiar threads
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Here's someone with a similar problem?

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetbat...92&tid=1760877

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by -=[dMw]=-DuVeL
                              -Installed latest Graphicscard (a MEDION RADEON 9600 TX) drivers;
                              Did you get drivers from ATi or Medion? If it was this driver then you definitely want to go to ati.com and get the latest Catalyst drivers. Should be this file I think.
                              Battlefield Admin() ()
                              [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                              [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                              | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed