Request assistance on using passwords

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request assistance on using passwords

Ok. I've looked and I've read and I have tried every password I can find on the board to connect to the BF2 server when its password protected. Everytime I get the "invalid password" message.

I am a supporting member, and I have looked for a "sticky" or a detailed notice on how to properly set this up, but have apparently failed. I have "hashed" my number, looked at and copy and pasted the password from the .txt file for BF2 all to no avail.

Can someone point me to the right thread, sticky, forum or otherwise give me detail instructions so that I might take advantage of this benefit to membership? Thx in advance.

Re: Request assistance on using passwords

If you have your key set you still need the password to get in. Check out the link in my sig for BF2 rules and SOP's. The password for Wednesday night should be in their somewhere.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, but I think I need more detailed instructions. I have "hashed" my number and entered into the user cp and I have obtained the password from the sop and announcements thread.

I use the ASE to connect and have entered the password in the "properties" windows for the Tactical Gamer BF2 server. Yet, when I try and connect, I am always greeted with an "invalid password" message.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Risuli
        Thank you for your reply, but I think I need more detailed instructions. I have "hashed" my number and entered into the user cp and I have obtained the password from the sop and announcements thread.

I use the ASE to connect and have entered the password in the "properties" windows for the Tactical Gamer BF2 server. Yet, when I try and connect, I am always greeted with an "invalid password" message.

Sofar I haven't gotten any external program to work properly with passworded servers (although I havne't tried since 1.03). When you get the invalid password, just use the in-game browser to join and then type in the password, works every time for me.

Comment

I dont use external browsers so im not sure about he password. Just use the in game one for password nights, I know that one works.

Comment

Risuli, the Wed and Sat night password is found here in the Bf2 Announcements section:
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58342

The private server password is located on the left side of the tacticalgamer.com main page: Member Features -> Server Passwords

Which server are you trying to connect to?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Yep. Looks like the problem is trying to use the All Seeing Eye to connect. I was able to get on the server last night but, as suggested, had to do it through the BF2 browser (which I try to avoid like the plague).

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. If anyone figures out how to make the ASE work with the password, please post it here. Again, thanks.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. If anyone figures out how to make the ASE work with the password, please post it here. Again, thanks.
                http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showt...hlight=filters

or just make a desktop shortcut that joins #1 automatically as I mentioned in this thread:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=60663

And adding the TG servers to your favorites with the 1.03 patch makes it not so bad.
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed