BF2 freeaing after 1.3v patch install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 freeaing after 1.3v patch install

I have installed the BF2 newest patch from EA's servers and since the new install the game locks up bad. Instant freeze! only thing I can do is restart my machine. I have tried to download from a different server and uninstall/reinstall the patch but no luck. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Does anyone else have any suggestions. Thanks

Specs...Pentium 2.6c, 1gig memory 400mhz, Sapphire 9600 256mb video card, xp home
    sigpic

Re: BF2 freeaing after 1.3v patch install

First question: Are your video card drivers and DirectX up to date?
    -33rd- BaneII
    Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Re: BF2 freezing after 1.3v patch install

I took your advice and updated directx and my video driver and played for hours. Seems to have fixed it! Thanks for the time and the help.........
      sigpic

Comment

Ok, its not fixed. I don't know what to do. I have updated directx to 9.0c, I have updated my sound card drivers but, I originally downloaded the wrong one but I changed to correct driver. My voip wasn't working so I bought a usb headset and diabled my sound card. I thought that has fixed it had been playing for a couple days with no problems. But I log into play today and I can't hardly play for fifteen minutes and it crashes with no warnings. It happened in three diferent maps. The whole system locks up, I can't 3 finger reset nothing, no warnings it's gonna happen just locks up.
        does anybody have any other suggestions.

To all those who were brave enough to sign into the newbie sl today thanks and I apologize for the problems I'm having
        Gixxer
        Xink
        Morg
        I hope to get things figured out soon.:(
        sigpic

Comment

Overheating possibly, even though you would usually see artifacts.
          |TG| aschmack

Comment

I too have noticed this problem. It started for me today. I've had the patch downloaded and playing since it's release, but today for some reason the program is just freezing up on me. It's not just one server either. I've updated my Direct X drivers and my ATI video card as well so that isn't the problem.

Intrested to know what happened today, October 30th, that has caused BF2 to go haywire.

Comment

Make sure your cooler is properly seated on the CPU.
              |TG|Bodark
              96th Assault Group

Comment

Originally posted by elmerfudd
                Overheating possibly, even though you would usually see artifacts.
                Cleaned out the box and left the sides off. Played and didn't seem to have any problems so far, thanks for the help. Shoulda thought of that. I'm not sure if it is the video card or processor tho. I'm not getting any warnings so maybe it's my card. It's a sapphire ATI radeon 9600 Atlantis 256mb. It doesn't have a fan in it so I might have to get a desktop fan and put next to it.:)
                sigpic

Comment

If your video card is overheating you should see artifacts first but if your CPU is overheating you should crash unexpectedly with no glitches or artifacts. I would also check the amount of heat sink compaund on CPU or maybe you just need to keep the box open ?
                  |TG|Bodark
                  96th Assault Group

Comment

Overheating isn't my issue, i've checked temps and they're all fine. I saw that punkbuster updated, and a lot of people are having issues with other games as well, same problem. I updated PB though and still no dice.

I can play single player, so i'm not sure what's goin on.

Comment

I hope you don't have alot of programs running in the background which might cause it.
                      That's the suggestion I can give you.
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I had similar issues yesterday. I've played for months with no issue, then it all went bad last night. I'm going to try again tonight. Lots of folks had issues yesterday.

Comment

Nope, not programs running in the backround either. And as MeanDrLily mentioned, been playing since I got the game months ago, and since the 1.03 patch was released with absolutely no issues whatsoever. As of last night, all of a sudden......freeze.

Haven't installed anything new, haven't made any changes that might affect it, haven't changed my settings or resolutions. Just all of a sudden, Craps out.

Comment

I joined tonight with no issues. The issue seems to be resolved.

Comment

After installing this patch, when i try to run the game, it just return back to Windows....can anyone help me out please?

Or should i first install the 1.01 and 1.02 patch and then install the 1.03 patch?
                              Nickname - jaisonbass1457
                              Commander and C4 expert

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...