Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nostromo N52 macro problem

Hey,

I installed the N52 and did some basic config. I have the impression that when configuring a macro and launching it during the game, some keystrokes are not executed. Well, that is from time to time they are and then not.
    Anyone have experience with this.

A example BF2 profile would also be nice.

Thx,

Gertsolo

Re: Nostromo N52 macro problem

I allways start up my Nostromosettings first, then start the game. A while ago I had problems with it with CS 1.6 and CS:CZ, solved it by firstly starting Nostromo.
    Do a search option for Nostromo profiles. I know they've been posted before.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I also use N52. I had the same problem when using a macro “phrone + scope”. So I decided not to use it.

I think the N52 in combination with the keyboard suits me perfectly. Beware that you must spend some hours tweaking before you get a good set-up.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by percu
        I also use N52. I had the same problem when using a macro “phrone + scope”. So I decided not to use it.

I think the N52 in combination with the keyboard suits me perfectly. Beware that you must spend some hours tweaking before you get a good set-up.
        same problem with phrone+ scope, I think it's a timing thing.
        the tweaking I don't mind...

Comment

Originally posted by gertsolo
          same problem with phrone+ scope, I think it's a timing thing.
          the tweaking I don't mind...
          The only way I've found to get those kind of macros to work is tweak the timings as you say. Lot's of experimentation.
          New to TG?

Comment

I got my n52 the other day (in another thread) and worked on a 'grenade' macro - one that switches to grenade, throws it and switches back to the gun. I think you can't do all that in 0.1s - the delays have to be sufficient. In real life you can't switch to your fork, pick up the frenchfry, eat it and switch back to the knife with less than 0.1s between.
            BF2 needs some time to switch your stuff.
            Some sample profiles would be nice. Put them on your members.tacticalgamer.com ftp space and post the link! Mine is not yet postable.
            Or email them to me ([email protected]) and I'll put them on my FTP space!
            Also see ultrablue's fine screenshots of his profile in http://www.tacticalgamer.com/showthread.php?t=58982

Comment

YES, YES, YES

As always in life, timing is the key. I've tweaked and tuned the profile some more and YES it works fine. I mostly go as medic so I have made a macro dat does a running jump followed by a prone while taking out the paddles. All with one key, gotta love it!!!
              If you want I can post the profile.

greetz...

Comment

Sounds good. Please post it. If only as an example so that others can copy your macros. I find switching kits with ultrablues setup a bit daunting. There are not enough buttons. I think I have to put kit switching onto another shift. Vehicle is now on blue shift, maybe I'll put kits on the redshift?

Comment

Originally posted by marstein
                  Sounds good. Please post it. If only as an example so that others can copy your macros. I find switching kits with ultrablues setup a bit daunting. There are not enough buttons. I think I have to put kit switching onto another shift. Vehicle is now on blue shift, maybe I'll put kits on the redshift?
                  Okay, can't post it from here, but will do it later...

sneek preview : macro's for

-prone and aim
                  -run,jump,sprone and pull out paddles
                  -enter/exit and chute (doesn't work always, darn chute, but got backup key ;-)

Greetz...

Comment

-enter/exit and chute (doesn't work always, darn chute, but got backup key ;-)
                    You often have to tap chute key (9) many times to get that chute to open. Perhaps the macro could be:
                    press e, wait 0,1,
                    press 9, wait 0,1,
                    press 9 wait 0,1 ...... (7 times?)
                    sigpic

Comment

You often have to tap chute key (9) many times to get that chute to open. Perhaps the macro could be:
                      press e, wait 0,1,
                      press 9, wait 0,1,
                      press 9 wait 0,1 ...... (7 times?)
                      True, but what if it opens and there is another '9' key following. SPLASH you go!!!

Comment

True, but what if it opens and there is another '9' key following. SPLASH you go!!!
                        I do not think so. When your chute is open its not possible to close it again. I have hit 9 several times after the chute is opened, but it has newer closed.
                        sigpic

Comment

I do not think so. When your chute is open its not possible to close it again. I have hit 9 several times after the chute is opened, but it has newer closed.
                          Okidoki, wasn't that the case in BF1942? Anyway, will try it this weekend...and will post the profile

Comment

okay,

here is the link. Remind that this profile was made for the medic and is still being tweaked. But it will give an idea what is possible.

http://users.telenet.be/barbero/bf2/bf2.n52

the red shift is the chopper profile with added exit and chute x3 macro,
                            key 4 is the spotted macro.

have fun and greetz...
                            Last edited by gertsolo; 10-22-2005, 08:00 AM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X