I think I am being punished!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think I am being punished!

I am new to TG and have been virtually addicted to the community. Unfortunately, I have not been able to enjoy the fruits of that addiction, which is play on the TG servers. My voip doesn't work and hasn't worked since I purchased the game. I have read all the threads that relate to voip that I can find. I have tried updating my drivers for my onboard sound, turned down the hardware excelleration to basic, opened ports 55123, 55124, 55125(if I did it right, but I tried) on my Linksys router. My headphones are plantronic non usb that are not very old. I have used them for Roger WIlco and they worked great. It just seems as if I might be sentenced to the pubs for eternity. Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions I can try. I have tweaked so many settings now I don't know if I can get them back to normal.

I have: P4 2.4c
    1gig DDR 3200
    MSI 865PE Neo2-LS driver updated to 5.1.2535.0 for realtek ac 97 audio
    9600 radeon sappire atlantis 256mb video card

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
    sigpic

Re: I think I am being punished!

If you can afford it, I highly recommend these USB headphones: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106012

I know that's not the answer that you're looking for, but they're fantastic headphones for gaming and it'll get you talking on the TG servers!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

What are ALL of your in-game audio settings?

Are you using the onboard sound for that mobo?

Are you able to at least hear VoIP, even if you cannot talk over it?
      |TG-12th| asch
      sigpic

Comment

I have everything cranked to max for the audio settings. mic boost selected. i have eax selected, sound quality is medium,auto rendered is set to software, audio is 100 percent, voice over is 100 percent, and yes I do have it enabled, transmit and recieve are both 100 percent. I have not been able to say or hear anything over voip since I have gotten the game. Thanks for your time
        sigpic

Comment

Ok, I just visited the MSI website. Wow they need to rename their motherboards or make their site clearer or something. From what I can tell your motherboard, an "MSI 865PE Neo2-LS" has a C-Media 9739A onboard audio AC97 2.2 codec. Which means you need a C-Media audio driver not the Realtek audio driver.

Try this page for the C-Media driver download.

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=433&kind=1

Now I'm not sure that page is for your exact motherboard, MSI has many 865PE Neo whatever boards. But the C-Media driver is suppossed to work with any MSI board that has a C-Media CMI9739A/9761 chip on board.

So remove the Realtek drivers and install the C-Media drivers. That should get your audio all set up.

Comment

I also have an MSI mobo, its a very common thing to have problems with AC97. I posted my results in a a couple threads down. (VOIP problems) Even EA has a section in thier tech help for those of us. (even though they have no solution)

I'd look though this link and try everything

http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/searc...earchid=353029
            Last edited by micr0n; 10-21-2005, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Woohoo, i was having getting VOIP working. I had never used it before i came across this server.

Updating my realtek 97 drivers fixed the problem right up.

Comment

I think I have been paroled!!!! I did as you instructed Friedfish and I also went and bought a cheap ($32)ugh
                pair of usb headphones. Loaded correct audio driver (ok I'm a moron) signed into TG server1 and i heard voices wooohoooo! Don't know for sure if I am transmitting but I am getting transmitting icons now so I think that did it. Thanks to all that helped especially you Friedfish for actually doing some research for me ( a noob).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid
                  I think I have been paroled!!!! I did as you instructed Friedfish and I also went and bought a cheap ($32)ugh
                  pair of usb headphones.
                  FYI, you did two things that are completely unrelated. The USB headset won't be using your sound card driver. Now that you've updated with the correct driver, try using your old headset. Or, forget about those sound drivers and just use your new headset!
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

i made the mistake of buying a usb headset to go with my creative x-fi.... lol, they do infact use their own soundchips but it shouldnt matter if you use onboard audio, though for me it was straight out to buy a regular set!

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Yeah I pretty much realized that after I did it. But, I was so frustrated at the time I didn't want to leave anything to chance. I figured if I do both and it didn't work then I knew it was a greater power telling me that it just wasn't meant to be. Now I just need to get the nerve to get on the server. There are some REALLY good players and I am a REALLY bad player (I follow orders tho!). Pretty intimidating reading all these threads about the players in the community. Thanks again for all the help.
                      sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X