Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Kick vote questions..

Hey guys,
    I have been playing BF2 for some time now and have run across malicious kick vote to reduce number of active players on a opposing team.
    For some reason I do not know where to find kick vote info and do not see where one is initiated. Does this feature need to be enabled?
    How do you initiate vote?
    how do you vote?

To simple for most of you but not to me.. thanks
    NoMommy

Re: BF2 Kick vote questions..

You'll see gray text at the bottom of the screen when someone starts a kickvote, mutiny, or map vote. It's possible that you have an option checked to opt-out of votes so you never see that text. You vote using the PAGEUP and PAGEDOWN buttons, and that's explained in the voting text. Also, server admins can completely disable votekicks and mutinies so that it's not possible to do them. Some will do this because of a bug that EA won't fix that causes votes to continually & automatically be called after they fail -- super annoying seeing that text all the time.

I think you start the votes by holding down the scoreboard key (default TAB), right clicking, then clicking on the manage tab for your screen. I believe there will be check boxes to votekick a player there. Not 100% sure as I've never tried to votekick someone :)
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Hi NoMommy - welcome to TG :) Please read the rules if you are gonna hop on our servers as we have a few extra rules that are not common to other servers.

In addition to this (and further to perry's very good reply) if you are playing on the TG servers then have Teamspeak running in the background. If you are being hounded by malicious players then you can always speak to an admin, and we can take steps to sort the problem out.

I doubt any of the TG regulars here would do anything to try and unbalance the sides by initiating kickvotes (seems kinda fruitless because autobalance will even it up anyhow). In fact knowing the guys here they'd be happy to be 3 or 4 players down for the extra challenge!

Comment

Also: note that there seems to be a bug in BF2 regarding voting. Once a vote is being called and it fails, the vote is called again and again, picking random players as the ones calling the vote (if that makes any sense).

This happens with map change votes, kick votes, and mutiny votes as well. It's quite a nuisance, so I'd advice against calling any votes (except when it's almost guaranteed to pass, like changing the map when playing Kubra with only 10 players, for instance).
        <insert signature spam here>

Comment

Thanks- I heard this was the place for straightforward and up to date answers.
          I heard right!
          Now if only EA reads the Gamer- what a wonderful world it would be.
          NoMommy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X