New account = new ingame voices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New account = new ingame voices

I have heard that if you create a new account (after the 1.03 patch) you get a whole new bunch of ingame voices!

Now, could it bee posibile to upgrade the old account to new voices...?

I did not find one singe place on the internet where people discuss that... so is it just me or...?
    sorry for the spelling and grammar also... SO DEAL WITH IT :)

Re: New account = new ingame voices

Why don't you test it and let us know?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

OK, the thing is that I have heard some ingame voices that I don't usually hear when my caracter speaks.

I have tried to upgrade my account but found no traces of possibility for such action.

I have tried to create another account but have experienced no change in voices.

I have tried to find some discussions on this matter but failed.

So, does anybody here have something to say regarding this matter.
      It seems that after the implementation of v1.03 if you create a new account you should be able to hear a whole new set of ingame voices (that I confirm that I heard them while playing, the sounds where from some other players).
      And, offcourse, can existing profile be updated? Any thoughts?

Comment

Sound settings?

I remember when I upped my sound quality from low to medium it was a dramatic change. I thought I was only enhancing quality, but I was adding lots of sounds that just weren't there before.
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
          Sound settings?

I remember when I upped my sound quality from low to medium it was a dramatic change. I thought I was only enhancing quality, but I was adding lots of sounds that just weren't there before.

^winner

Comment

I tried putting sound quality to high but, as expected, had no result.

I am not sure if you gyus understand me (is it my spelling or just lack of vocabulary :))

I have heard (voices in my head :-)) medic say:"First aid here" in a different way that I say it when playing. Also, voice command Go Go Go is sometimes pronounced by different accent by other characters in the game. I don't think that this comes from the sound settings but from the new ingame voices that are available when you create a new account. Since I have created a new one and have failed to hear such expressions I am slowly giving it up. Possible reasons could range from my integrated sound card to whatever you like. Anyway, thanks for the effort !

Comment

you sure its not just the commander saying those things? i know its a shock to me when i see the commander running around reviving people and saying "CLEAR!" "Alright you good to go!" in his deep voice as I almost never hear the voice set for him, but those have been there since the games release.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

What about those voices that tell you what to do... may be that is what they are referring to... Kinda like the guideman.

And of course... If you make the sound quality high ooooh it is gonna be tight... Get on a 50cal and fire and hear the sound... Even from Medium to High is big change,

Comment

@xing
                  Now that is an option, maybe that was commander those couple of times i heard different voices... but I would not bet on it... it was my SL one time... so it's not that.
                  It was like somebody added slightly different expresion. I have newer heard my caracter say: "Go Go Go!" It kinda had that southern touch in its voice, I remember clearly that I have newer heard something like it in the game before.

@B
                  I was thinking about how much quality can I get out of my integrated sound card on my NF7 motherboard. It is a nice sound I get, but hey, wer'e not talking here about audigy2 or something like it. I'll try pay attention to sounds and play with settings low/med/high just to feel the difference everybody is talking about!

Comment

How does that explain the voices I hear when I'm not playing BF2??

No just kidding ha ha
                    sigpic
                    |TG-1st|Grunt
                    ARMA Admin (retired)
                    Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Its probably the commander, you hear his voice if he is next to you above all other voices, and he has a different accent by a mile's distance.
                      So if a commander revives someone, you'll hear "Alright, your good to go" a lot different then when a normal soldier revives.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                      BF2142 Names:
                      Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                      Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                      Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                      Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

I mean, whatewer! Man I feel so stupid! I Feel like vaisting hours and hours looking for something that does not exist.

Comment

it wouldnt make sense for them to add new content after a patch and not inform people of it

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

prljavac (private release java compiler?) - I recently bought a Audigy 2 on ebay and it improved the performance of the game noticably. Because of your post I tried upping the sound from medium to high and it does sound better.
                            I admit that I heard different in-game voiceovers sometimes - like them saying something different at random times - but I never was quite certain of it. When you have been shelled, TV-missiled for a couple minutes your brain goes in a different state

Comment

I don't know why I keep posting, i tried to quit 2 times now... this is beginning to look like my nicotine adiction...

I realize what all of you are saying... I realize that it could be just my emagination... but... BUT I am certain that I have heard differen expressions, here are some examples:

1. "GO GO GO", I am almost sure that my caracter never actually sad that.
                              2. "Ammo here!"

Now, because I am confuzed with myself and I am thinking about byuing Audigu 2 or something similar, I have decided not to take any action before I think it ower and as for the "real problem", I'll just keep on playing and playing and when I come to some hard evidence I will present it here...

/offtopic/
                              @marstein
                              Marstein, I have played with you a couple times! It was always fun!
                              As for my nick it is a serbian word for ... how do I put it... it is a kind of my abreviation of the word dirty gyu, filty person, etc. Earned it in a scuba diving camp but that is a whole another beautifull story...new filthy free pictures you can see at http://www.explorer.org.yu/ ... it's in serbian but it's easy to find pictures.... It is a quite unique nickname and I use it in games all the time. As for the TURBO1 prefix, that is just for you gyus who have trouble pronounsing it :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X