One squad member shows up red?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One squad member shows up red?

Thought I had better post to see if you guys can help.Here is the problem.
    Twice on TG server and once on dMw server when playing in a squad,one of my team members shows up with a red tag.This causes me to shoot that squad member and instantly gets me kicked. Has anyone else experienced this?I need it sorting quick as I dont want to get myself and dMw a bad rep.When I look at the squad list he is there,but dont think I can check that before I shoot him.Anyone point me in the right direction?

Re: One squad member shows up red?

its called the IFF bug...its been a problem since release and there hasnt been a fix for it yet....we have had this problem for a while and it really sucks for the person who has it.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

It's a bug that EA has never fixed. I think the player with the red tag has to reconnect to the server to fix the problem.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Superfast reply,thx guys.On dMw server it was only me who saw him in red(not sure on TG server),so would re-connecting myself help?

Comment

im not really sure...it comes and it goes
          -Vulcan

Comment

Ok,thx for your help,just thought I better explain my actions in here as I like playing on TG server.

Comment

its a well known bug here, aslong as you explain your actions as being the iff bug it shouldnt be a problem, this bug really is a huge problem though and how EA managed to overlook it yet AGAIN is beyond me
              Last edited by Limenote; 10-27-2005, 10:21 PM. Reason: spelling

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by -=[dMw]=-Norm
                Superfast reply,thx guys.On dMw server it was only me who saw him in red(not sure on TG server),so would re-connecting myself help?
                I have had the IFF bug 4 times on different servers. Disconnecting and reconnecting has always helped for me.
                sigpic

Comment

Norm, stop bugging them! ;)
                  Just agree to the Gentlemens contract in here. In there they say they will try and forgive TK's so if you'd sign it aswell it would be a sign of good will.
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

hey its DMW we are always willing to help out the teams on the other side of the pond...we know u would try to help us
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by -=[dMw]=-DuVeL
                      Norm, stop bugging them! ;)
                      Just agree to the Gentlemens contract in here. In there they say they will try and forgive TK's so if you'd sign it aswell it would be a sign of good will.
                      Headshotting your teammate 3 times in a row, after a friendly medic has revived him, is hardly accidental ;) :icon_lol:
                      Battlefield Admin() ()
                      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                      | for | |

Comment

I had this problem a few weeks ago seeing jepzilla as red. Didn't show up on my squad screen either so I had no idea he was in my squad (and thus got confused about who was speaking to me etc etc).

It is a pain in the arse, cos the amount of times I saw an enemy APC with a red tag pop up, and then fired a shot with my tank, only to read the name as the cannon shell is halfway towards my target was really frustrating for me - and a lot more for jep!

Is the IFF bug player related? I mean do people who get the bug get it a lot? I have seen it on others quite a few times, but never had it on myself (to my knowledge).

Comment

I've had it once when I was flying in Daqing, the enemy planes couldn't lock onto me :D
                          It was awesome.
                          |TG| aschmack

Comment

wow, that would be cool, but they you would be shot down by gunns. has a plane ever been killed by a falling bomb? or arty? ya, it was a big problem last night when my helo kept getting shot down by friendly's. i never reconnected but it went away.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
                              wow, that would be cool, but they you would be shot down by gunns. has a plane ever been killed by a falling bomb? or arty? ya, it was a big problem last night when my helo kept getting shot down by friendly's. i never reconnected but it went away.
                              Well the IFF bug sure explains a lot. I thought I was seeing things just plain wrong

I haven't seen a flying jet get popped by a bomb from another flying jet yet.. but a Helo - Yep.. and arty.. YEP.. its a REAL surprise too!

Another good surprise there are helo-hover-capture boys (or girls) and you are spec-ops you can jump and release a wad of C4 as high on the flagpole as you can get - I bet you can guess the rest.

=P8=
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...