ComCast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ComCast

Anybody using ComCast cable? I have been using it for years without a problem but the past month BF2 makes the modem reboot. Just wondering if anybody else has this problem.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Re: ComCast

Go to your local office and get a new modem, or call and have a truck sent out. See my thread further down called "My lag sucks" about my recent problem with Comcast.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

Heya Kin3.
      I've been with comcast for many, many years now.. back since they used to be known as '@home'.

I have not been having that kind of problem with Comcast in relation to a specific game.. as a matter of fact, I consider Comcast pretty darn gamer-friendly.

I currently game with BF2 on Comcast while simulaneously using Vonage voice service over them same connection without any problems - typically pinging in the 30's to low 50's.

Enough about that and on to your issue. There was a problem with some Motorola access-points that the power connector got 'iffy' over time because of a heating - related issue. If you lease the AP (I think they still call it a MODEM) from Comcast see if they'll exchange it.. they are pretty 'no hassles' about it in our service area. If you have the white/beige Motorola Surfboard, that is roughly rectangular shaped - and it is more then a few years old, your odds go up that it might be that.

=P8=
      sigpic

Comment

I have been with them for a few years also and have not had a problem. But when it started about a month ago it is so bad that I can' t depend on it. It is the upload that really does it in. I can have a solid connection and start BF2 and it will stop working in a matter of minutes. I have read on the ComCast forum that other people are having the same problem with other games also. I just wanted to see if other people were getting through.

ComCast has changed the modem 3 or 4 times and the results are always the same.

I have ordered the hookup kit from MaBell for DSL and when I get it installed I will cancel my ComCast connection. I would love to stay with them but if they refuse to fix it I have no other choice.

Thanks for your response.
        The Old Guy
        kin3
        sigpic

Comment

I had a problem with America's Army about 2 years ago.. When I'd load the menu, the modem would reset. If I let it sync, I could get in to the game and play, but bringing up the menu would make the modem reset again. Went to the office, got a new modem, problem went away. Have they actually come out to your place to check the signal quality and such?

Right now I have a tiny little Scientific Atlanta modem that I got a couple months ago when the old one just refused to power up one day. No problems from it.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

My issue with Comcast and modems is that mine resets about 90% of the time when attempting FTP connections. Games are ducky.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

We had major ping issues with Comcast over the summer, mostly at night, here in the bay area. It turned out to be a node from Comcast to AT&T, and neither company was taking responsibility for fixing it. They eventually did, but what a pain to have to complain to Comcast all the time and have it take that long to get it fixed.
              |TG-33rd|Gunrack

[squadl][defense][assault][unit]
              [at][tg-c1]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse