battlefield2 not recognizing cd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battlefield2 not recognizing cd

I'm apologise in advance if I have posted this queery in the wrong part of the forum, as I am new to this forum and not certain where i should be and should this question have already been asked alsewhere i have searched for several hours but was unable to find one reffering to my queery..

I have just purchased BF2 from pC World and after installing it and selecting to play the game it keeps asking me to insert the game disk which i have alreeady in my dvd rom drive..i was using a re-writable drive so i purchased a dvd rom , however i still have the same problem..Ive tried the game on several pc's and it works fine ..does anyone have any help to offer me please..Ive been trying to get to play this game for 2 weeks now with no joy.

Thanx Guys
    Stag

Re: battlefield2 not recognizing cd

First of all, welcome to Tactical Gamers (from a fellow n00b)

Have you tried reinstalling the game? The other week BF2 wasn't working for me (not because of the cd, it just kept crashing) and nothing I did made any difference until I reinstalled it. Then it worked perfectly. I hope that helps.
    AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Try the mini-image from gamecopyworld. Mount it to a virtual drive like Alcohol 120 or Daemon Tools.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

This happened to me too. I stuck it in my CD burner and it worked fine. I assume the CD version of BF2 doesn't like DVD drives for some reason.

Comment

Thanx for the replies guys...i have the dvd version of bf2 so i need to install it from vdvd rom ..ive reinstalled it several times to no avail...i know that somewhere there is settings for the dvd rom that can be changed somewhere out there cus ive read them but am unable to find them now that i might need them...i know it has to be something to do with my pc or dvd rom settings as it works on other peoples puters..

Thanx for the replies again please keep them coming i really want to be able to play my 29-00 game :(

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X