How the hell...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the hell...

...is possible to get stuttering with 2 gigs of memory? I had one gig and had stuttering so i bought another gig and ill be damned - stuttering remained.

Re: How the hell...

what are ur other specs? motherboard, video card, what type of ram, cpu and game settings

Comment

amd barton 3000+
      abit nf7s mb
      gainward 6600GT agp
      2x512 MB corsair value ddr400 and 1x1024 kingston value ddr400
      game settings:
      1280x1024, everything on medium, no AA, no lightning, no shadows, viewing distance on 100%, sound on medium with eax enabled.

I tried renaming bf2.exe didnt work, also ive read to set page file size to 0 (no paging file), didnt help also. Tried disabling eax didnt help also. Any ideas?

Comment

I have the same proble, so i had to reduce the texture and lightening to medium.... this is a HUGE PROBLEM and I got a call from a senior tech at Ea and he couldnt help out too..

ASrock Dual Sata 939
        BFG 6800 Ultra AGP
        Amd X2 Dual Core 3800+
        1 gig Corsair Pc3200 (i took out the 2nd gig and give to ther other computer for work)
        USB Headp[hone

[cross][conduct]
        Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Comment

Setting pagefile to 0 is a bad idea,I can see your thinking behind this but XP memory management does not work that way.XP needs a pagefile to work correctly.

Comment

are your 2x512 set in dual channel mode?
            |TG| aschmack

Comment

Could be your Hard Drive. 7200RPM? 10k RPM? 8mb buffer? 16 mb buffer?

Comment

I forgot hdd. Its WD 10 000 rpm SATA so i doubt thats causing any problems. About the page file, i tried it cuz ive read it somewhere but didnt help. Memory isnt in dual modem since i would need 2x1024 mb and i have 3 separate modules so no, it isnt dual channel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X