Full System Crash (Reboot)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full System Crash (Reboot)

Ok...so i've been playing BF2 since it came out without any problems. I've also played it since the update (v. 1.03) without any problems as well. For no apparent reason, however, that all changed last night. I am able to boot the game, join the browser, but as soon as i select the multiplayer server I wish to join and begin loading the map, my system goes black and reboots itself.

Any suggestions?

THanks,

Dirt013

3.6 Intel Processor
    1 GB RAM
    GeForce 6800 GT
    Dirt013

Re: Full System Crash (Reboot)

Ok...so NO ONE replied. Well, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Granted, I know VERY LITTLE about computers, but my reasoning ability can be considered at least average....so I thought….why would my system suddenly begin crashing? Hell if I knew! But it didn’t start right after the patch, so that couldn’t be it. So I went to my Program Files=> EA Games => BF2. Hmmm….what the f is all this stuff? Got me. Now, what day did it start crashing? Arrange icons by date. GP.Info (11/02/05) ok. Well, I was going to have to reinstall anyhow…so I decided to delete this unknown “thingy”. Log in…BAME…it worked. Why…again…hell if I know, but at least I’m playing BF2 again!

“I beat the smart kids, I beat the smart kids. Ohhhh….I bent my wookie.”

Dirt013
    Dirt013

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt013
      “I beat the smart kids, I beat the smart kids. Ohhhh….I bent my wookie.”
      +rep for the Simpsons reference!
      AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

If the system just reboots without any warning it could be a hardware problem. Check out the temperature of your components with some monitoring tools. Run SisSoftware Sandra and see if that crashes your machine. Then remove hardware until no more crashes.
        You can also try to run BF2 in the +fullscreen 0 mode then you should see a dialog box when BF2 crashes - but it seems as if the PC goes down and not just the game or OS.
        Take a look into your system log: My Computer -> Manage -> Event Viewer -> System if any clues are in here.

Comment

Weird fix by deleting GP.info! I checked mine out and it's just player information regarding your account details.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X