Is the reserve slot system bugged?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the reserve slot system bugged?

Many times I will join the server early being from the UK, and with maybe <16 players on, then once the server fills up the next map change I get kicked for a SM. I have no problem with that but I have seen other none-SM (from what i've seen on the forums) join after me and they are able to stay all night yet I get kicked before them.

How is this happening?

Last night Dark-Viper and I were in a Jets squad and he got disconected and came back at trhe end of the map, yet on next map yet I was removed a minute or two into the next map and he wasn't. As far as I know DV isn't a SM so how come I was removed even though I had been on for many many maps more?

I've seen other instances of this, just using DV as an example cos it was last night and I notaced his disconnect and that he came back.

As far as I can tell I never get kicked during the current map when the server gets full, its always after a map change so I am thinking that when the map changes it views us as having to reconnect to the server for the new map, creating a new order of when people joined the srever, which seriously screws me over being from the UK and I rarely joining the next map before it has started so im one of the last in. Seconds later its practically garenteed i'm getting kicked.

Re: Is the reserve slot system bugged?

I think it kick the person who has been on the server the longest. When DV signed back in he starts over, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo
      I think it kick the person who has been on the server the longest.
      Well that is just wrong. There is no reason for me to play so early trying to get the server full if i'm going to get kicked for it. I might as well wait and join later on hoping I join at the right time to last all night.

Comment

What method would you suggest, Preston?
        |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Well the newest none SM player to join.

Why should someone who has played with the server near empty and helped fill it up get kicked for it? Yet some random who see's the server at say 45 players can join and stay all night. I don't see how that is fair and give me no reason to join the server when it is near empty.

I know the obvious answer is to become a SM, i'd of done that if I could.

Comment

The former WAS how it was set up, Preston. It was altered to give people a longer opportunity to play on the server and establish at least a minor amount of team cohesion.

Make a well-reasoned case, get enough followers, and Tempus may be presuaded to put it back. As it stands though, this has already gone though some debate in the past, so the arguments will need to be pretty novel, I think.
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Ah well, i'll just join later on then.

I'm guessing most Europeans would be with me since we're the ones on earliest then get booted off first.

Ta for the info, might as well lock this topic if it has been discussed before.

Comment

Originally posted by Preston85

I'm guessing most Europeans would be with me since we're the ones on earliest then get booted off first.

Ta for the info, might as well lock this topic if it has been discussed before.
                No need... if there's new information to consider, lay it down; otherwise, this will follow every other thread into non-posting death. :)
                [volun2]
                NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Preston85

Uhm, why deprive yourself of gaming time just to avoid getting kicked off? Just reconnect, people come and go every few minutes. Once you're back on you'll have your spot for a long time unless the server completely fills up with SMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen
                    Uhm, why deprive yourself of gaming time just to avoid getting kicked off? Just reconnect, people come and go every few minutes. Once you're back on you'll have your spot for a long time unless the server completely fills up with SMs.
                    Well cos of how I thought the system worked i'd normally go work on my map, so i'll just work on the map until the server fills up then come play. I prefer bigger games, theres more to blow up and I can send more soldiers to there deaths

Comment

Originally posted by Iamthefallen
                      Well cos of how I thought the system worked i'd normally go work on my map so i'll just work on that then come play. I prefer bigger games, theres more to blow up and I can send more soldiers to there deaths

I only played early to try and help the server fill up and to ensure I could play for a while but that isn't the case.

Comment

When you see the server getting almost full, and the map is almost over, disconnect and reconnect. Hell, even wait 5 minutes so you don't reaload that same map.
                        |TG| aschmack

Comment

i may have missed something but this is what i got off of it...do you join and then leave your game running to get spot..or you join and go and do other things so you have that spot
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                            i may have missed something but this is what i got off of it...do you join and then leave your game running to get spot..or you join and go and do other things so you have that spot
                            Is that directed at me?

If it is, I think I might of miss understood your question but anyway, no I don't join and go do something else, I play, normally I end up as CO. The maps adjusting to number of players has helped keep it interesting instead of flag hopping on 64 maps but ordering 2 squads around isn't as challenging as ordering 30 odd players around and keeping track of the enemy players, you rely on having a equal or better players as you are limited in what you can do with small numbers.

Comment

okay you answerd my question.....
                              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse