Issues with in-game spawning.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with in-game spawning.

First off, just want to say that this is a great place to play. Mature people who play the game the right way. Hopefully, someday I'll be good enough to actually contribute to something more than my sides ticket loss.

In any event, I have searched the forums (and everywhere else) and can't seem to find a solution to a spawning issue.

Several times a round, I will either be critically injured or die outright and rather than being dropped to the spawn screen, just sit there watching the battle rage on through my now-dead eyes. After a while I will get to the spawn screen but am unable to spawn even though my SL is alive and at a suitable location. Eventually, after a minute or more, I will be able to spawn.

Not sure what's causing this.

I'm running an AMD 3200+, ATI 9600XT, 1 GB RAM with fairly recent drivers (could the video drivers be the issue?). My pings are generally in the 80s and 90s and I'm on cable.

Has anyone else encountered this in-game spawn delay and if so is it curable or are we looking some type of connection issue?

Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated. Please excuse any delay in my acknowledgement or thanks since I'm not sure when I'll get back on (family stuff, you know). Thanks again.

KZ17
    [combat]

Re: Issues with in-game spawning.

Well, it shouldnt be a connection issue because im in MA too and i have no issue. Im guessing that sometimes the bubble gets unselected and it wont let you spawn until you click on it again.

If you have no flags left, you can't spawn on your SL, or if he is in a full vheicle.

If that doesn't help, respond back and ill think of something else.

Comment

It's definitely not a flags or vehicle issue since it has happened early in games when we had flags and also when the SL is out in the open. Once I get to the spawn screen, the mouse will move but will not let me select any spawn points. I just click and click and wait unti it eventually lets me choose a point. Strange.

Thanks for the response.

KZ17
      [combat]

Comment

Yea, I've had that issue, particularlly on 32player Zatar Wetlands recently. Can't click a flag or my SL without clicking all around the map a few dozen times. What maps do you have troubles on, or is it all of em?

When I die, I usually end up opening the spawn screen manually to make sure I'm going to spawn as the kit I want and to double check my spawn point. I rarely just lay there and wait for the time to pass and hope that I'll respawn.
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

also you cant spawn on a sl if he is in a confined location and theres no place for you to spawn in...this def happens to me a lot of times

Comment

I see two problems:
            1 sometimes the mouse has to be a dozen or so pixels right of the spawn point to hit it.
            2. sometimes the SL is selected and don't spawn automatically on him/her. I have to bring up the spawn screen and hit enter to actually spawn.

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. Played last night and didn't have the problem which leads me to believe that it's some sort of intermittent connection issue. We'll see if it keeps happening. Thanks again.

KZ17
              [combat]

Comment

Originally posted by perry
                Yea, I've had that issue, particularlly on 32player Zatar Wetlands recently. Can't click a flag or my SL without clicking all around the map a few dozen times. What maps do you have troubles on, or is it all of em?
                This was my experience on Zatar, Thurs 11/17 as well. I know at least 1 or 2 other 42nd members experienced it simultaneously too.

Wonder what it was about that map that night. I'm guessing a bug with the server that cleared when the map changed.

Comment

Maybe it was just the Zatar map that day. Played again with no problems. I did use the enter key when it looked like there may be a problem and it seemed to do the trick. Hopefully just a one time thing. Thanks again for all the input.

KZ17
                  [combat]

Comment

I experience those same spawn problems as well. Once it went on for over a minute that I couldnt select any spawn point on the map, including the squad leader (yes, we had multiple flags). Sometimes I have to keep closing and opening the map screen to get a spawn. I have no idea what causes this, but its a common occurrence.
                    -33rd- BaneII
                    Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...