BF2:SF getting 30fps less than BF2!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2:SF getting 30fps less than BF2!

In BF2, I can play at ~60fps on just about every map. In the 3 maps of SF that I've tried, I'm lucky if get more than 30 - 40. It stutters a lot and sound gets choppy frequently. Am I the only one with this problem? :row__634:

Re: BF2:SF getting 30fps less than BF2!

When I first loaded the game I went straight to my video settings just to check and make sure they hadn't been reset. Sure enough, they were all set to high again so I had to put them back down to get any kind of performance. I set them to the same as I run BF2 at and I didn't have too much trouble. One map was a bit choppy in spurts but overall not too bad. Double check your video settings just to be sure they weren't reset somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Faultline
      When I first loaded the game I went straight to my video settings just to check and make sure they hadn't been reset. Sure enough, they were all set to high again so I had to put them back down to get any kind of performance. I set them to the same as I run BF2 at and I didn't have too much trouble. One map was a bit choppy in spurts but overall not too bad. Double check your video settings just to be sure they weren't reset somehow.
      They are all set to high, except for the lighting which is fine, that's the way they were (I had to set them again)

It looks like I'm not the only one with that problem...
      http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?p=51845

:icon8:

Comment

i would have thought you would get better performance with the smaller maps and less vehicles

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

No, its definitely worse, as i posted in my impressions. I am going to have to turn down my settings for sure.

Comment

that sucks!

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Well, i havent gotten SF yet (Im hoping to get it very soon), but i D/Led the patch anyway, so id be on the same page and all with the server. So i went ahead and joined server #1 (as empty as it was).The map was karkand. I joined a squad and i was locked and loaded. As soon as i started moving, i knew something was wrong. Choppy sounds, slow movement, laggy as hell. The works.

Normally (before the patch) i have to run my game at its lowest settings (exept textures at mid, dont know why, and the draw distance, cause i cant stand how little you can see even with that maxed) and my game runs a pretty decent for me, at about 30-50 fps consistently on every stock map. But as soon as i got into karkand on the "Square" flag, it was lagging so horribly, that i coulds barely play. I checked my fps, and it was running, AT MAX, 15, under any sort of movement. It jumps up to 20-50 when dead though (a lot that helps). Also my fps fluctuated dramatically around certain areas of terrain and flags, to somewhere around normal.

I have no idea what direct problem the patch might have had, but i am barely finding my game playable since the patch. I was hoping that anybody could shed some light on possible causes, and/or fixes.

EDIT: sorry forgot to add that i disconnected, checked my settings, and they were the same. all low except textures, but i went ahead and dropped that one to low as well. To no avail. All of the problems remained.
              Focused

Comment

The patch may have reset your graphics settings.

Comment

Originally posted by mart242
                  In BF2, I can play at ~60fps on just about every map. In the 3 maps of SF that I've tried, I'm lucky if get more than 30 - 40. It stutters a lot and sound gets choppy frequently. Am I the only one with this problem? :row__634:

man its the same with me i have the same problem. u cant shoot any 1 cuz ur screen keeps skippin right?

iread sum forumstoo so far no cure
                  Last edited by slugslinger; 11-24-2005, 12:40 AM.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                  Delta MICS
                  Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse