Cannot Patch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot Patch

I have seperate partions for my OS and apps, and the OS partition is not possible to get down to 3gb of free space. I can't seem to trick the patcher to patch to my app partition anyway. I'm not sure what to do short of re-partitioning, which I'm not inclined to do since I don't know where my OS disk is.

I have W2K if that helps.

Thanks,
    J0lin
    - The problem with taking the easy way out is that the enemy has already mined it.

Re: Cannot Patch

You're going to have to start the patch, then manually copy some files over it looks like. A big mess, unfortunately.

Read this and the post he links, and another link in that link. Between the 3, something should make sense and help you out.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

dont try to manually patch the game as described on EA forums! everybody who tried ended up with a messed up CTD-bf2 version!

either try to move some programs from your system partition to a temp space (other drive), apply the patch and move the programs back to the original location afterwards or wait for a solution that works.
      former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

I've got the same setup, my OS on one partition and my crap on the other. I thought copying out of the temp folder owuld work, but dawolf says not to, so I guess I'll hold off.

Comment

I cant patch either, it keeps saying i have too little harddrive space, i need at least 3000mb, but i do have at least that much, any ideas?

Comment

Resetting the temp file path doesn't work. It still only looks at the size of main drive letter. I managed to clear enough space from uninstalling stuff though. They really need a lesson in install wizards.
            - The problem with taking the easy way out is that the enemy has already mined it.

Comment

This looks promising:

http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic...=112373#112373

Sounds like somebody figured out that it's using the registry setting for the location of the Program Files directory to decide where to drop temporary files. Moronic, but at least it looks like there's a workaround.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                This looks promising:
                http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic...=112373#112373
                Sounds like somebody figured out that it's using the registry setting for the location of the Program Files directory to decide where to drop temporary files. Moronic, but at least it looks like there's a workaround.
                This worked great. Good work Scratch :-)
                "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

Hey! That's just a post further in the thread I posted! I was kinda guessing that it would be in Documents and Settings and that the solution would be to move your profile, but, hey, this way sounds a little easier. Hope it works for everyone :)
                  Battlefield Admin() ()
                  [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                  [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                  | for | |

Comment

Moving your profile won't do it either way.

Comment

Seem to have worked, got it installed on D: :)

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                      BF2142 Names:
                      Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                      Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                      Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                      Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement