patch 1.12

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• patch 1.12

Question: Comp says i have too little harddrive space, you need at lease 3000mb, funny thing is i do have that much space, i made space on the drive, but it still says this, any suggestions?

Re: patch 1.12

If you have mroe than one hard drive or hard drive partition it will suck up the primary partition, no matter how much space is on it. You're better off with lots and lots of room open on your primary drive (wherever the OS is) since the patch needs A LOT. I hate DICE.

Comment

I agree, thanks for the insight!

Comment

Well, i took more data of the OS harddrive and that seemed to work, thanks

Comment

Incredibly moronic. The installer programmer ought to be shot. The OS partition is for the OS, not temporary files!

It's possible it's using one of the path environment variables, like the one pointing to Application Data or Temp, and a change to the envvar would let you use a spatious partition.
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Well I am stuck with it...I have C: as my OS which still has 2gb free, but thats it, everything else is on D: which has 110 GB free....now what?

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
            BF2142 Names:
            Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
            Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
            Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
            Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Sucks, doesn't it. You can get Partition Magic or some other partition management software and temporarily enlarge your OS partition, but it's a pain in the butt.

Seriously. Who writes these installers? I don't know any C++ and I could do a better job. What's worse is that this is EA, the largest publisher of them all, who should know better.

Comment

I dont want to use Partition Magic, sure as hell not for a PATCH.....the other option is to compress some files but I dont want to do that on my OS partition.

BF2 Name: Thez(NL)
                BF2142 Names:
                Thierry(NL) (Sniper)
                Dikkiedik(NL) (Assault)
                Kittekat(NL) (Engineer)
                Dimi(NL) (Support)

Comment

Assuming your paging file is on your OS partition, you could always temporarily relocate that to your applications partition. Doesn't work for me though since my paging file is on its own FAT16 partition. Also, as a last ditch sort of thing, you could check C:/Documents and Settins/[User Name]/Local Settings/Temp and clear out that folder for everyone on the computer. I had a couple gigs of stuff in there actually.

Comment

Same problem.
                    I could NOT free up enuf space on C: (I don't keep much on the OS drive).
                    I changed all the TEMP and TMP environment variables to another drive, rebooted, and ... apparently the BF2 patch is not reading those variables. Who knows where it's putting it's files? (Morons)
                    So I had to change my pagefile.sys to another drive to get the incredibly stupid BF2 patch to install.

Ugh. Idiots.
                    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
                    - Lazarus Long

Comment

Same problem here. All they need to do is have a dialog box that says where you want the exe to uncompress to, that is really simple.

This is bad as some games that wont install without a C drive being present.

I still haven't patched, no free space on primary partition, only 2.8 gigs :-(
                      "Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl."

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...not-patch.html
                        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
                          Same problem.
                          I could NOT free up enuf space on C: (I don't keep much on the OS drive).
                          I changed all the TEMP and TMP environment variables to another drive, rebooted, and ... apparently the BF2 patch is not reading those variables. Who knows where it's putting it's files? (Morons)
                          So I had to change my pagefile.sys to another drive to get the incredibly stupid BF2 patch to install.

Ugh. Idiots.
                          When i try to install, it first patches BF2 to v1.1. Then when the installshield wizard pops up, I get an error saying "366kb must be free on C Drive before running set up".

Problem for me is that my VAIO partitions the C drive at 15GB and its jammed but has enough space according to the patch. I have over 100 gb free on my d partition and another 241 gb free on another internal hard drive. Why the hell would they make a patch that you can't specify the install directory is beyond me. Any help would be appreciated.

I have already changed the program files directory using regedit but i still get this error
                          |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X