New Monitor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Monitor

Ok - I got it the HP L2335. 1900x1200 pixels. Unfortunately BF 2 does not seem to run on that resolution. I can get 1600x1200, loosing 300 pixels peripheral vision.
    Attached a picture of my setup.:row__519:
    Last edited by marstein; 10-28-2006, 12:50 PM.

Re: New Monitor

Nice I'm jealous!
    sigpic

Comment

I found this in a old tread:

Originally posted by JMJ
      edit your shortcut to look like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe\" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1366 +szy 768

If you're not on the C drive, substitute whatever your drive is. Works like a charm and you'll be in widescreen heaven :D

Copy that exact! Pay attention to the spaces and "" .
      I dont know if you can force it like that or not. If you change the 1366 and the 768 to your res it might work but you might want to look into it a little more.

Comment

Looks superb. Did you look at the dell 2405FPW though? Same features, inch larger and usually on sale often with all the dell coupons that float around.

And BF2 should run at your native res. You just have to setup a custom shortcut to get it to work.

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1920 +szy 1200"

Or something similar. Whole thread on it ->here<- . Just a warning though...its not true WS support.(Dice/EA == behinds the times) It basically takes the fullscreen version and chops off the top/bottom.

edit: I see turbo beat me...
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I read an article on anandtech that said that the HP was better than the Dell in some respects. I got it used for $700, manufacturing date is may 2005 and it has a 3 year warranty.

I'll try the +szx/y cmd line flags, but I also heard it chops off the top and bottom. FarCry and Half Life work great on this resolution. Now I need a stronger CPU :row__640:

Comment

Ah...I was thinking you were paying the $1000+ retail price which seemed crazy to me. $700 for that is quite a catch.

I'd give the cmd line flags a try. The chopping sounds worse than it actually is imo...the two screens in this post should give you an idea.

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com...hp?p=6340#6340
            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

my only comment is, i'm sure glad you gave Frodo that much deserved vacation in Thailand!!! (monitor on the right)

edit: now that i've looked closer, that looks more like the US pacific northwest/canadian west. oops, eh, the blue water is thai-ish, yes??

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X