Solution to FPS problem. Well mine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution to FPS problem. Well mine

Okay after doing some benchmarks on differnet settings and setups. I tested the SF on 2 differnet comptuers all ATI cards. I was using the stock drivers 5.6 that game witht eh cd and bf2 would run great. SF would run horribly. Upgraded drivers same issue. Could not go more than 20 fps even when flashed where its just plain white or lookin up at the sky. Then i roll back to still not finding anything. I read about unistalling both games then reinstalling but that would take to long and knew there was something better. What i did was I downloaded the omega drivers for ATI cards. They have them for nvidia too. After doing so and setting up the settings for games I tested it out. SUCCESS. I started with 1024x768 with with high settings or just choose high on the game. Started a map and typed int he command for FPS to show. BAM i saw 50+. Average was 35-50 and lowest i saw was 28-30 FPS. So if anyone else is still having problems messed around with different drivers and see if it works out. Thats usually the advice given to any graphics card issue but i overlooked it at first because it being an EA game i blamed them first then my setup for vid drivers. Well hope this helps and take care.

Re: Solution to FPS problem. Well mine

im dlin them right now hopefuly it will work.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
    Delta MICS
    Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Yeah, please confirm if it works or not, I've temporarly put my settings to medium instead of high so that it's playable.

Comment

BF2 and SF issue, maybe drivers?

Got both today, installed them, run SF it tries to load, screen goes black, and back to desktop.

Same for BF2 and SF.

Drivers I got are catalyst 5.11. I played demo this afternoon, and drivers I had then were 5.6

I'll roll back on the drivers and see if it works, but wierd though.

Just wondering if any of you experienced this or perhaps got an Idea as to what it might be (probably drivers heh).

Comment

Re: BF2 and SF issue, maybe drivers?

Originally posted by Turbinator
          Got both today, installed them, run SF it tries to load, screen goes black, and back to desktop.

Same for BF2 and SF.

Drivers I got are catalyst 5.11. I played demo this afternoon, and drivers I had then were 5.6

Just wondering if any of you experienced this or perhaps got an Idea as to what it might be (probably drivers heh).

Not to be a stickler but you probably should have posted this in the tech support section.
          Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet "101st Airborne Division(AirAssault)"

Comment

Originally posted by HellRazor61
            Not to be a stickler but you probably should have posted this in the tech support section.

right :)

Comment

BF2 and SF loading issue

Got both games today, installed them, run SF it tries to load, screen goes black, and back to desktop.

Same for BF2.

Dl'ing patch right now.

Comment

Re: BF2 and SF loading issue

appears to be drivers, dxdiag does not see that I have 128mb of video mem.

Comment

Yea check out my post in the support section. If ur using ATI go with Omega drivers. I alwyas used ATI but not omega. so many options and i get 15% boost on fps on my x800xl

Comment

Originally posted by Visser
                    Yea check out my post in the support section. If ur using ATI go with Omega drivers. I alwyas used ATI but not omega. so many options and i get 15% boost on fps on my x800xl

did check ur post :), and downloaded the drivers, but they are only 5.10a, and dont have digital signature win xp is looking for when I tried to isntall them.

Comment

Well its works for me. I couldnt get more than 20 it was 15 norm. now im getting good fps

Comment

I've been using Omegas ever since BF2 came out,and haven't had any performance issues. Good stuff!
                        |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

Careful though. Omega drivers will mess you up bad if you do anything other than play games. For example, 3d modelling. They can screw up Maya or 3dsmax and stuff.

Comment

Confirmed! Omega drivers make it all better!

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                            |TG-2nd|munchkin
                            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Makes mine crash...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement