CTD when trying to play any SF maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTD when trying to play any SF maps

after fooling with the editor for a while, I go bored and started up SF to play alittle, but whenever I try to play online on any server with any map I crash to the desktop, very irritating and confusing

also, If I have to reinstal SF do I have to reinstall the patch, cause that took hours for me to do
    "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Re: CTD when trying to play any SF maps

So you can't play at all? About half the time when joining SF servers, it will verify client data and when I click on "Join Game" it will crash on me.

SF is even more glitchy than vanilla BF2 before all the patches.
    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper

Comment

I cant even get to the join game screen, it crashes a about 60-70%

oh well Im reinstalling it, better work or im going to be angry

and to answer one of my own questions, yes you have to reinstall the patch
      "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

Comment

i had this problem too. it always CTDed at 62% - sometimes with a "memory not sane" error.
        interestingly i solved the problem by turning down my graphics (med textures, light and shadows. most others on high). try lowering your graphics before reinstalling
        former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

too late :)
          lol, I thought I already tried that though, oh well

now im getting a message whenever I try and join saying I have modified content, sigh

I havnt installed that boheameth patch yet so maybe thats the problem

SCREW THIS, IM GOING TO NAM'

operation flaming dart here I come

Comment

You have to install the patch buddy. They don't make those just for fun; they fix things with them.

Comment

If you tinkered with any of the stock maps in the editor, you may have changed something you shouldn't have. You should try downloading the SF dedicated server file from EA and installing it. Then you can copy all of the server.zip files over the ones in your SF dir.

You want Unranked Server Files for Win32 v1.12 (192MB) from here.
              Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

nevermind all, I hadnt installed the new patch yet, but I did, so im fine

im still going to nam'

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X