I could use some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could use some help

I have started having issues with BF2. It started the other night when I suddenly, during game play, got kicked to my desktop. It's gotten worse, I have started getting critical errors (blue screen of death). It doesn't give me an error string or other wise I would google it. It just locks up with a blank blue screen. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, tweaked video drivers from catalyst 5.11 to omega 6.1.0.4. I have cleaned my registry and done virus scans and all comes out ok. I don't know what else to try any suggestions. This game is going to be the death of me I swear:row__691:

My specs:
    p4 2.4c
    1gig mem
    radeon atlantis sapphire 9600 256mgb video card
    k8n neo2 mobo
    sigpic

Re: I could use some help

With blue sceen you mean that your computer becomes unresponsive? You don't get the typical Microsoft BSOD with debug information, just a blue screen? Do you have SF? You could try to play with +fullscreen 0 as a command line option that could give you a dialog upon crash what went wrong...

Comment

I'd start with memtest86.

http://www.memtest86.com/ - download the ISO, burn a CD, boot from the CD, let memtest go for an hour or three. Make sure you don't have any memory errors.
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

After memtest, go ahead and make sure your CPU isn't overheating; that can cause crashes as it throttles down to avoid melting itself. Your hard drive, too, may be going, since I know those sometimes give you blue screens (they gave me one); that would not kick you back to the desktop though.

Comment

How long do you play before it crashes? Is it random or after 30 mins or so?

If the CPU overheats i'd assume the PC would just switch off or reboot and not go to blue screen of death (my experience anyway)

Check you have the correct drivers for sound and video cards.

Get www.mbm.livewiredev.com (you can check cpu temp and case temp)

I'd also recommend lowering setting on your card, it could be overheating.

Are any other games crashing after prolonged playing?

Comment

Yeah, do other games do it? That makes a big difference; if it's just BF2 you could go ahead and reinstall.

Comment

My system runs about 45-50c under load and idles at about 31-35c and case temp is usually around 55c. I have already tested the memory and it was fine. It only crashes BF2 and only online, never in single player mode. It doesn't take very long to crash 10-30minutes into gameplay and it goes. I had done some OC with the video card trying to get some more FPS but I have since reverted back to the defaults. I have also cleared out Ewido security suite from my system tray for I think it might have been searching for update while I was online maybe causing a software conflict, I don't know. I played on a ranked pubbie earlier and I played for about 45mins. I might have gotten things fixed. I do appreciate all of the suggestions and advice thanks. I will be getting on today and hope it will be fixed.
              sigpic

Comment

Possibly Punkbuster is really messed up. I heard having BF1942 installed and then uninstalling it will screw ith Punkbuster/BF2. Did you do any of that stuff?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X