mouse lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mouse lag

I'm not sure if its real lag or what but every now and then when i do a quick turn with my mouse it studders and skips like my track ball got stuck or something lol It happens more on SF then regular but still prettty annoying.

i got a p4 3.6, 1gig ddr2 533mhz, x800xt pci-e. Im using a razer copperhead which is a sweet mouse and works great in all my other games but for some reason in bf2 i get horrible mouse lag at times. My first instinct is that its just plain old lag, but is there any chance its the graphical or sound options set that could be a factor? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Snail

Re: mouse lag

If drivers came with the mouse (or are available from the company's website), it couldn't hurt to install them.

Also, running BF2 in High or RealTime priority has been known to show issues like that. Make sure you're running BF2 in Normal priority.

~Salad

|TG-9th| By Any Means!

- [ Creator of the Battlefield 2 Localization Files ] -
    - [ Creator of the Battlefield 2142 Localization Files ] -

Comment

i have the drivers installed. I really dont see it in any other game but bf2. Even CS:S i can awp with butter smooth movement. Ill take a look at the priority settings although im pretty sure its on normal but ya never know.

Thanx Salad

Comment

Does the game ever hesitate in the middle of a mouse movement or near the end? In that case it's probably just your system pausing to decrypt textures or load them into RAM or something. If it's only when you start to move the mouse, I'm not quite sure.

Comment

Optical mice also experience the 'backward' phenom.. moving the mouse TOO fast actually cases it to go in the opposite direction.

The texture the mouse camera is reading moves by soo fast that it appears to go the other direction - think the rotation of a car wheel on the road.. when it speeds up to the point it optically changes direction.

Laser-mice minimize the effect, to my knowledge, I know it hasn't ever happened with my MX1000's or G7.
          sigpic

Comment

yea it happens in the middle or near the end. hmm....maybe ill do a mem check. Yea i used to get that effect when i had an mx510 but moving to the laser copperhead i dont get it anymore. Thanx for the input guys.

Comment

If your mouse pauses in general (but only in BF2) then it's probably not the mouse at all. What graphics do you run BF2 at? Your system can handle a lot but they still might be a little high.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X