Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get the best quality from BF2 Voice Comms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get the best quality from BF2 Voice Comms?

I'm a bit at a loss how to get nice clear voice comms using the internal mic/sound settings.

I don't really understand the relationship between the levels and threshhold AND the best way to set up the windows mic settings to get the best volume!

(Sorry - this is a bit of a noob thing isn't it!)

I'd really appreciate any advice on how to get a better volume over my mic ingame and some infor on how best to set up teh levels and threshold.

Many thanks...

Ranger
    |TG-Irr|Big-Ranger: BIG again, but still not clever!
    | |

Re: How to get the best quality from BF2 Voice Comms?

Anyone got some advice for this poor fella?
    All I can say is turn the desktopvolume up, if your headset needs batteries, put new ones in and re-calibrate the BF2soundoption (and check for the latest soundcarddriver).
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

i think it depends alot on the quality of the mic also, i just turn up the volume to the fullest and leave boost on, never had any complaints

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

As Xink Said ... Alot has to do with the quality of the MIC, And if you talk like a WUSSY into it ... nobody will hear you ... ;)

I also noticed that once I switched my Sound card to the Creative FATAL1TY I noticed the voice comms got better .... Well.... EVERYTHING got better ... :madsmile:
        |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
        [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

I was having a hard time hearing my squad mates on voip a few days ago. After adjusting all sorts of things to no avail, I started playing around with my Volume Control in Accessories > Entertainment. The problem ended up being my Wave level was way too low. I boosted it all the way to the top and now voip comes out crystal clear.
          |TG|Delta_Swift

Comment

Make sure in your windows sound mixers "recording options" you have "What you hear" muted. else everyone will hear your in game sound when you activate your mic.
            former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Originally posted by Gixxer_USMC
              As Xink Said ... Alot has to do with the quality of the MIC, And if you talk like a WUSSY into it ... nobody will hear you ... ;)
              Hehe - exactly. Remember, yelling and screaming while looking like a crazed telemarketer is perfectly acceptable provided none of your friends or family see you.

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
              |TG-2nd|munchkin
              Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Originally posted by munchkin
                Hehe - exactly. Remember, yelling and screaming while looking like a crazed telemarketer is perfectly acceptable provided none of your friends or family see you.
                LOL, well that is another thing ... my wife passes me by in thew basement " SHAKING HER HEAD " when I am playing .... :)
                |TG-7th| Gixxer_USMC

" Winners Never Quit ..... Quitters Never Win "

[combat][squadl][conduct][defense3][medic]
                [armor][tog-c1][tg-c2][ma-c1][taw-c1]

Comment

I used to use headset speakers but my wife was always wanted to know who I was talking to, so I now use the speakers and she doesn't bother me anymore.
                  The Old Guy
                  kin3
                  sigpic

Comment

One thing I just tried is to set the VOIP volume to max and turn down all the effects. Helps some with the desk mic guys.

Any other volume balance tips are appreciated. Even with this last adjustment I still struggle with the balance between sound levels for VOIP. If I set to the level I can hear the quiet guys, the loud ones are just crazy. I play with speakers and 3 floors below my kids rooms, but I sometimes need to close the door because my 6-year old wants to know why my computer keeps saying "Vodnick Inbound" while he's trying to go to sleep.

Comment

Just tell your child "Daddy is busy ridding the world of the evil communist regimes...go back to sleep"
                      |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X