Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Switching between vanilla and SF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Switching between vanilla and SF

    Hi Everone,

    When I start up either of the BF2 games (Vanilla or SF) the first stop for me is TG, but like the devil is playing with it, when I started in SF there are people on Vanilla and visaversa.
    Now I can select the other game and my systems seems to want to start it up (it swithes to the DT for a sec and then the BF2 startup screen, the static one with the tank is shown).......but then nothing happens.
    To correct it I have to press CTRL/ALT/DEL to cancel the app. and start up the other game.

    Does anybody have this problem, because its kinda anoying that you can swith between vanilla and SF (come on man, its an expansionpack!!!!)?

    And is there a way to correct this?

    BTW I have seen a URL you can use in your browser to check whether the server is occipied, which URL was that?

    Marco
    Pommetje

  • #2
    Re: Switching between vanilla and SF

    Originally posted by Pommetje
    Hi Everone,

    When I start up either of the BF2 games (Vanilla or SF) the first stop for me is TG, but like the devil is playing with it, when I started in SF there are people on Vanilla and visaversa.
    Now I can select the other game and my systems seems to want to start it up (it swithes to the DT for a sec and then the BF2 startup screen, the static one with the tank is shown).......but then nothing happens.
    To correct it I have to press CTRL/ALT/DEL to cancel the app. and start up the other game.

    Does anybody have this problem, because its kinda anoying that you can swith between vanilla and SF (come on man, its an expansionpack!!!!)?

    And is there a way to correct this?

    Marco
    Have you tried just leaving it for a while? On my computer, loading SF using the process you described results in the following:
    1.Switches to desktop
    2. BF2 Startup Screen
    3. Black Screen for 30 seconds
    4. Joins Server

    [conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
    |TG-2nd|munchkin
    Nec aspera terrent.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Switching between vanilla and SF

      Originally posted by munchkin
      Have you tried just leaving it for a while? On my computer, loading SF using the process you described results in the following:
      1.Switches to desktop
      2. BF2 Startup Screen
      3. Black Screen for 30 seconds
      4. Joins Server
      Hmmmm, no never tried that one before. Will in a minute though! THX.
      Pommetje

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Switching between vanilla and SF

        That work, thanks man!! You saved me from a lot of frustration.
        Pommetje

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Switching between vanilla and SF

          Originally posted by Pommetje
          That work, thanks man!! You saved me from a lot of frustration.
          No problem - have fun!

          [conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
          |TG-2nd|munchkin
          Nec aspera terrent.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Switching between vanilla and SF

            Originally posted by Pommetje
            BTW I have seen a URL you can use in your browser to check whether the server is occipied, which URL was that?
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/?page=serverstats

            or

            Server 1 and Server 2

            I use All Seeing Eye as my external server browser.. You can use lots of 7 day trial periods ;)
            Battlefield Admin() ()
            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
            | for | |

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Switching between vanilla and SF

              I use XFire to see who is on which server. It also does all sorts of neat things. For switching between expansion and normal, however, I found it's just as quick to just manually exit out of BF2 and start Special Forces on my own. It might be a bit slower, really, but I feel in control. And that's important for me. Because I have issued.

              Deep seated issues.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Switching between vanilla and SF

                Originally posted by munchkin
                3. Black Screen for 30 seconds
                The black screen is a combination of loading BF2 and automatically logging into the account server. And when the account server is slow or down (like this last week and today) this can take an especially long time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Switching between vanilla and SF

                  Thanks guys for the help.

                  Much appreciated.

                  (though i feel like a noob now........which basicly i am :-) )
                  Pommetje

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Switching between vanilla and SF

                    http://www.game-monitor.com/search.p...ll=&showEmpty=
                    |TG-33rd|Dark_Viper



                    Comment

                    Connect

                    Collapse

                    TeamSpeak 3 Server

                    Collapse

                    Advertisement

                    Collapse

                    Twitter Feed

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X