CD Authentication for BF2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Authentication for BF2

Ok so my 8 year old, 4x DVD ROM finally crapped out on me last night. The drawer wouldn't stay shut, and I broke the cog/mechanism that brings it in and out. So it's kaput.

I do however have a 2nd optical drive (CD RW), but only SF is on CD ROM (BF2 is DVD). I still can't login to either BF2 or SF, because it keeps prompting me to insert the 'installation disk' when I try to start the game. Apparently the SF disc doesn't qualify.

I've ordered a shiny new DVD RW from newegg that should get here next week, but is there a workaround I can use until then? I'm not asking for a game crack or whatever so the disc isn't required, but playing on my laptop over wireless is just about unbearable. Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Beatnik

Re: CD Authentication for BF2

Maybe create a network share for the DVD drive on your laptop, mount the share as a drive on your desktop, and BF2 will see that you have the DVD in a "drive"? I wouldn't be surprised if they have code that prevents this from working, but it's my best guess for now. :)

Comment

Yeah, that won't work because of the way the copy protection works. The disk has deliberate errors coded on it, and the copy protection looks for the delays caused by those errors.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

The thing you're looking for is a "battlefield 2 no-cd fixed image". Google is your friend. :)
        <insert signature spam here>

Comment

Yea, just make sure you DO NOT use a nocd exe file or some other sort of crack. Possibilities of making Punkbuster mad. I've been using Daemon Tools and a mini-image since a couple days after BF2 came out and haven't had a single problem.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I think the image/virtual drive should do the trick. :)
            Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X