Has anybody seen the IFF bug?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anybody seen the IFF bug?

It has been a while since I last encounter the IFF bug. I uses to have other persons on the same team show up with red tags. That was before the last patch. v1.12.

I was wondering if anybody of you has encounter the IFF bug since the last patch, or has EA/Dice solved this?
    sigpic

Re: Has anybody seen the IFF bug?

Saw it yesterday as a matter of fact. First time in a long time.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba
      Saw it yesterday as a matter of fact. First time in a long time.
      I hoped that this would have been history by now.

EA/Dice do not listen to their customers = Fact!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Just yesterday someone in my squad informed me that I was red to them. :(

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
          Just yesterday someone in my squad informed me that I was red to them. :(
          No, no... "DEAD to them". You had wronged their family, and in return you have been shunned and forgotten.
          [volun2]
          NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
          Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
          <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
          <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
            No, no... "DEAD to them". You had wronged their family, and in return you have been shunned and forgotten.
            ROFL. I had the same thought.

Interestingly, I have not seen the IFF bug once since 1.03, and I am on there almost every night. Nobody in my squads has mentioned it either. Something has definitely changed, since 7 man squads and red teammates used to be a daily occurance.

Yay to DICE for reducing the severity of their bugs. :p
            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

The other night on wake island something very strange happened and I dont know if it has to do with the IFF bug.
              Joined up on the Marine side and joined a squad as specops. we were at the north village attacking the airfield and along the way I made a stop at the Chinese Artillery. laid my C4 adn was running back to rejoin the squad when I detonate the c4. Next thing I know I get two team damage warnings. Then 5 seconds later another message pops up saying someone killed me. I was very much not dead. Very strange and its never happened to me before

Comment

Originally posted by aculle01
                The other night on wake island something very strange happened and I dont know if it has to do with the IFF bug.
                Joined up on the Marine side and joined a squad as specops. we were at the north village attacking the airfield and along the way I made a stop at the Chinese Artillery. laid my C4 adn was running back to rejoin the squad when I detonate the c4. Next thing I know I get two team damage warnings. Then 5 seconds later another message pops up saying someone killed me. I was very much not dead. Very strange and its never happened to me before
                I think it was the IFF bug for the assets, though it could have been bugged assets.

I also had the messages coming up saying I was killed once. It lasted for a whole game. I think every time someone died it substituted my name as the victim and let me know that I was killed or teamkilled. Thankfully, it didn't affect my death count, but it would have made for a good screenshot. :)
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Yep, the other day on Sharqi, I noticed our MEC chopper was unused, so I created a chopper squad and said something over team chat about needed another crewmember. DrunkenSoul spawned on me in the chopper and I got a little green dot in the gunner's seat but his name was listed as red in the crewlist. Each time he killed someone, it showed a Teamkill. On the ground, he was shown as red as well.

The arty on Wake Island is bugged...
                  Battlefield Admin() ()
                  [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                  [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                  | for | |

Comment

It was my impression that the arty on Wake Island belonged to whoever owned that point.

I haven't seen the IFF bug in a while, but my teammates seem to shoot me just as often on accident. I must be very large and imposing.

Comment

happens to me all the time
                      "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

happens to me all the time
                        "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

I suffered the IFF bug tonight on Wake (12/05/05) and it was dreadful. i rebooted but it was still there, so i basically could only fire at someone if i could see the whites of their eyes, which meant...i died...a lot...

since we're mentioning "oddities"...i think it was friday night i was playing a round on Zatar. the squad i was in just took the Factory and we didn't have support and i noticed one of the guys we killed was support so i picked up his kit, threw a bunch of ammo bags on the ground, and then picked up my old kit again. i was cursed enough to hear the "KA-CHINK...KA-CHINK...KA-CHINK..." sound of ammo being distributed for at least the next ten minutes, and the "you got an ammo giving point!!" message kept scrolling, even though it was obvious there was nowhere around where i had dropped the ammo bags. my squad was ordered to move out and i couldn't even hear comments/orders because that KA-CHINK was incessant. come to think of it, it might have lasted through the end of the round...

Comment

I had it today :(
                            It hurts!

[conduct][volun][drill][sg-c1][tpf-c1]
                            |TG-2nd|munchkin
                            Nec aspera terrent.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse