Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 1.12 failling

I got this problem. I get the box with the message "Patch failed"
    I been thru a lot of things trying to figure this out. I even been in the REG and changed things like written in other forums(this one included).
    I'm almost desperate so any help would be much appreciated. Thx

Re: Patch 1.12 failling

reinstal i think is the best option that most have come up with....
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
      reinstal i think is the best option that most have come up with....
      Done that. Still not working

Comment

do you have enough space on your Windows drive
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

You can try to redownload the patch from a different site and try to reinstall.
          sigpic

Comment

Go in to My Documents\Battlefield 2\dmp and look at the patch log files to see if they tell you anything interesting.
            Battlefield Admin() ()
            [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
            [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
            | for | |

Comment

I too had this issue and is the reasoning why I am no longer playing BF2. I don't want to have to work that hard to just install a patch. I re-downloaded it from multiple sites, reinstalled, reinstalled OS, etc. NOTHING worked for me. Hmm....maybe since this problem is kinda hit or miss we can list our specs and maybe there is a connection some where. Hmmm....I'll help solve the problem, but probably won't be back to BF2.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

The BF2 patch is very compute- and memory-intensive. It will reveal problems with your system that you didn't know you had. Worse, it'll sometimes appear to succeed and leave you with corrupted BF2 files.

I suggest running Prime95 (http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm) in torture test mode. If it shows failures, then odds are the BF2 patch will, too. You might find that you need to tweak your system (increase memory timings, add voltage, etc.) to overcome the problem.
                |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism

Comment

Thx everybody for your replies. Gonna try them out.

Comment

As a final solution, and what I ended up doing, install it on another machine and copy the whole game folder over to yours. I've now got a BF2 installation on the wife's laptop (Which btw isn't able to run the game) that I use just for patching and copying to my computer.

Stupid, but it works.

Comment

Whoa whoa hey, if it works it works, but I'd be careful. You won't get any registry changes if you just copy the folder over, which means you might have more problems when it comes to patching again when a new patch comes out.

Comment

Not really, if the base install finished OK it'll set up the registry keys as well as your profiles. Ie install BF2 on your main computer, install BF2 on second computer, install SF on second puter, install patch on second puter, copy whole installation to your main machine.

Obviously, there's a chance it will fail somewhere along the line, but I haven't yet heard anything useful from EA/Dice that'd let me run the game any other way.

Edit:
                        And since no patch has installed for me so far, I'll install the next one on the Wife's machine as well and copy the whole thing over again. If that fails, well, I guess I'm done with BF2.

Comment

Yeah, I know the base registry stuff is there, but if there's a registry key to track what version you're running there could be trouble.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X