Joystick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joystick

Can anyone recommend a good joystick to fly jets with? I wouldn't know where to start if I went to get one and I'd like to be someone proficient in the air...mouse and keyboard just aren't cutting it.

Re: Joystick

I have a logitech once, i originally bought it for a flight sim, but it works great for BF2. Just anything with lots of buttons on the actual joystick you can press with your thumb. I have all of my jet controls on the top of the handle, flares, afterburner and swich camera and weapon swich.

Comment

I have the Saitek X45! I really like it but it takes some time to get used to separate throttle and stick controls. But man it sure has a lot of programable buttons. As well as programming software so you can set you stick axis to the same as your mouse allowing it to take advantage of the pitch and yaw sensitivity settings as well as the mouse sensitivity settings. It makes snap roles quick and painless. I'm no where near as good a pilot as someone like DV but i keep getting better and better.
      Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet "101st Airborne Division(AirAssault)"

Comment

I have a joystick that's about a million years old. It says "Mouse Systems" on it. Whatever you do, don't buy that. No matter how many times I calibrate it, tilts to the bottom left. Makes it freaking tough to fly, lemme tell ya.

I've heard good things about the Logitech Wireless somethingorother. It's pretty looking.

Comment

Make sure you get one with the Twix Chocolate Coating, I heard that's the secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
            Make sure you get one with the Twix Chocolate Coating, I heard that's the secret.

LOL!!

Good ole Dark Vulture!!
            Operation Iraqi Freedom Vet "101st Airborne Division(AirAssault)"

Comment

Saitek Cyborg Evo. I'm gonna work on the Twix coating for mine over the weekend. I hear there's a peanut butter cup stuck to Viper's now :).

---

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys. WhiskeySix has been kind enough to offer me a heavily discounted Saitek stick so we've made an arrangement :)
                Hopefully I can improve a little in the air in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

I'm with Steel_Penguin I have the same one and it is very good. But the joystick will not make you a good pilot. Just a better one.
                  The Old Guy
                  kin3
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kin3
                    I'm with Steel_Penguin I have the same one and it is very good. But the joystick will not make you a good pilot. Just a better one.
                    Exactly, I bet Dark Viper could still slaughter us all with a lousy (but non defective) joystick. More practice will you better, not a joystick. (Unless they make one that flys for you. Hmm...)
                    AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

I can't get used to my damn joystick. It's so sensitive that I have a hard time getting lined up for bombing targets and I'm constantly over correcting when flying around. Can't figure out a way to adjust the sensitivity on it. Saitek Cyborg Evo Wireless is what I have.. I'm sure it's great, but I just suck with it. I try to use it everytime I fly, but I'm even worse with it than without it. What I mainly use it for now is the throttle so I don't have to constantly hold down the W key to keep my speed.
                      Battlefield Admin() ()
                      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                      | for | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed