Screenshot problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshot problem

Not a major, game halting problem, but still annoying. When I hit Print Screen ingame to take a SS, they come out as 0 sized PNG files. They're in the directory they're supposed to be in, but of no size, and needless to say - I can't open them.
    I CAN however, after quitting the game, paste the last SS taken into a graphics program like paint, but this can only be done with the last shot.

Suggestions?

Re: Screenshot problem

I had a similar problem with another game. I just d/led Howies Quick screen capture tool. The graphical representation of Howie makes him look like a refugee from an 80's kids tv show but its a neat simple app. Allows you to specify destination for save, format, bit depth and name and customise the screenshot capture key. Not sure if this is the sort of solution you were looking for, but it is a workaround. Just a thought and good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the tip, i'll look into it. But it's become personal now. just cant stand it when something doesnt work when it's supposed to. Then again, maybe I should thank the Gods the game even runs for me.

Comment

I personally use fraps for taking screenshots. BF2 normally doesn't let you take screenshots of score screens (who knows why), which comes in useful during scrims and matches. With fraps, you just assign a hotkey, and every time you hit that hotkey, it saves a high quality PNG file. By default it's saved to the Fraps folder, but that's easily changed.

Not to mention that with another hotkey, you can start recording your screen. And fraps lets you see your FPS in any of the corners, which is pretty cool as well.

~Salad

|TG-9th| By Any Means!

- [ Creator of the Battlefield 2 Localization Files ] -
        - [ Creator of the Battlefield 2142 Localization Files ] -

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik
          Thanks for the tip, i'll look into it. But it's become personal now. just cant stand it when something doesnt work when it's supposed to. Then again, maybe I should thank the Gods the game even runs for me.
          I know what you mean. I never did find a solution though. I have also heard good things about fraps but thought it was more of a drain on resources. I really dont have much margin to spare....

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
            I personally use fraps for taking screenshots. BF2 normally doesn't let you take screenshots of score screens (who knows why), which comes in useful during scrims and matches. With fraps, you just assign a hotkey, and every time you hit that hotkey, it saves a high quality PNG file. By default it's saved to the Fraps folder, but that's easily changed.

Not to mention that with another hotkey, you can start recording your screen. And fraps lets you see your FPS in any of the corners, which is pretty cool as well.

~Salad
            Will fraps hinder my performance in any way? Remember I'm running a low-end PC.

Comment

Im considering fraps as well now, it does look pretty groovy. The Website says:

Does Fraps have a performance impact on the game?

There is a small overhead associated with drawing the framerate on screen. This may vary depending on your system configuration, but should remain relatively minimal. The best way to measure it on your own system is to find a game that allows you to benchmark it and compare the results obtained with and without Fraps loaded.

When you are benchmarking the overlay is automatically disabled to provide the most accurate results.

If you are recording a movie with Fraps there can be a noticable impact on the game. This is due to all the extra work involved in saving the screen data to disk.

Some feedback from those using it on a lower end system would be useful though as that is my current configuration.

Comment

Too bad you can't use Fraps and TSO at the same time.
                |TG| aschmack

Comment

I am using a freeware screen grabber with the name GrabCaptureScreen. You could read more about it here:
                  http://www.tacticalgamer.com/hardwar...engrabber.html
                  sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...