BF2 crash when clicking on a server to load

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 crash when clicking on a server to load

I just had some DVD drive issues recently, and yesterday replaced the drive so BF2 could authenticate that I have the DVD. However, now once I get to the server list in multiplayer and double click to play a server (TG and non-TG), I crash to desktop. Same issue with SF.

I thought it may be a video card thing (possibly knocking it when I was in the case yesterday), but BF1942 plays fine. I've already re-installed BF2 and still no dice.

Anyone seen anything like this before, or have an idea what I can do to get up and running again? This is very frustrating. :icon11:

EDIT: Singleplayer mode works fine. But when trying to connect to an external server, I'll get the "Connecting to Server" window then a quick CTD. No TS on, no TSO on. Could it be an issue with the command to connect to a server (i.e. doubleclicking on a server to launch)?
    Beatnik

Re: BF2 crash when clicking on a server to load

Run BF2 in windowed mode. Change your shortcut to read something like...

"H:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +szx 1024 +szy 768

Then when it CTDs, you should (hopefully) see the error message.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Comment

Hmm. I tried that but it still just CTDs with no error or anything.
      Beatnik

Comment

Found the issue. I had forgotten about a BF2CDkeycheck error I saw when re-applying 1.12. After some digging, I found this thread:

http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...?p_faqid=11143

Found the 'fixed' patch on Pirate Bay actually. Apparently there was an issue with the downloaded SF games. Even though I bought SF at a retail store, the symptoms were the same, so I gave it a shot. Just now loaded up the game successfully. :)
        Beatnik

Comment

I hope your fix didn't involve a patched EXE file and was just, umm.. "alternate installation media."
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Whatever it was it worked. :)

This was the location. (Mod pls remove if the link is not acceptable for whatever reason.) They call it 'build 0035'. It did include a little option to disable the intro movies and make a mini-iso image (I think?) for use with Alcohol 120%, which I ignored. Either way, I can now play on my PC again. :)

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3418968
            Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...