Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Server Browser?

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Whenever I start the game the server browser adqequately does its job and begins listing all the servers it should. However, whenever I change the filter options or just go to update the server list the browser doesn't bring up any more servers. In fact, the server list goes completely blank.. and while it says it's done updating (only takes a half second) there are still no servers listed.

In order to make my changes go into effect I have to restart the game.

But.. NOW.. I load up the game and the server browser isn't working AT ALL. I mean, no servers are being updated/posted/refreshed at all.. I can connect via IP but that's just aggravating.

Any ideas.. suggestions.?

Re: Problem with Server Browser?

supporting member already? 5 posts? wow!

First off, the server browser is bugged, the trick is to NOT use more than 6 filters at any given time. This screws the whole stupid thing up.

Uncheck some, click apply filter, and see if that fixes your problem.

Comment

yeah, what Bhack said ^^^

also - i seem to remember that if I clicked "single player" at the top and then went back to "multi player", it would reset teh browser... (lol - though I forget - I don't remember the last time I actually "browsed for a server")

Comment

I only have to browse because I made a new character/account (so I'm now [TG]Merovingi in game) and I want to unlock my special forces weapons again..

The thing is.. it's not showing any servers, at all.. anymore.. :(

I also noticed that whenever I start the game there's like a 30 second pause where the screen is blank just before the movies and logos start to play.. I never noticed that before.

Hmmm.

But, thanks for the help guys!

Comment

I'm aware of the problem...the only browsing I've done recently is for 0/64 populated maps to practice my helo flying on. So when I uncheck "populated", I then have to click "Apply Filters", then "Quit" and when I restarted BF2 the changes are there when it lists all servers. You are correct; if I don't quit BF2 then *no* servers are listed when I refresh.

Just get used to using that "connect to IP" feature.... 70.86.19.218

Hope it doesn't get changed soon. I'd hate to have to do a "cover up" tattoo...

Comment

right now... yeah... they are having problems with the server... The BIG server...

So everybody is having problems... no worries about that

Comment

Originally posted by Merovingi
              I only have to browse because I made a new character/account (so I'm now [TG]Merovingi in game) and I want to unlock my special forces weapons again..
              You do know about the ability to add tags to your current name, right? You don't have to create a new account just to add a prefix...

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon
                Just get used to using that "connect to IP" feature.... 70.86.19.218

Hope it doesn't get changed soon. I'd hate to have to do a "cover up" tattoo...
                Do it in binary. Then it just looks like a row of dots, and you just add another row under it when the address changes, and it looks intentional. :D
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B
                  right now... yeah... they are having problems with the server... The BIG server...

So everybody is having problems... no worries about that
                  Would these problems be the reason that I'm getting some horrible lag tonight on several servers? Things are fine for a few minutes then suddenly everything is so laggy that I have to disconnect. I'm talking so laggy it's like moving at 1 FPS. I've been trying everything, all the standard tricks, and was about to run a virus check. I'm hoping it was a system problem.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
                    You do know about the ability to add tags to your current name, right? You don't have to create a new account just to add a prefix...
                    Wait.. how do you do that?

Too late, I guess.. hehe.

But still.. how?

Comment

On the login screen, there's a box above your list of profiles where you can add a prefix. If you want a prefix with some special characters, you need to edit the global.con file in your top-level profiles directory.
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Ahh.. got it.

Nifty!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed