Unable to connect to account server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to connect to account server

OK, I just patched BF2 on my laptop to v1.12 and now I cant connect to the account server. I can play ofline single player accounts and the patch seems to have worked because the version number is correct. I've uninstalled Bf2 and reinstalled it and repatched but still no luck.

Any ideas anyone?

Also - does Bf2 need to be patched to 1.12 to play on TG servers?

Re: Unable to connect to account server

hey welcome to TG...make sure you read the rules and know them.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/382151-post1.html

this all the info you will need to play on our servers......have you tried using a different account...
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.

I tried connecting on my desktop PC with the same account details and had no problems so I dont think its a problem with my account.

Comment

An obvious one which you have probably considered but which i always forget, have you reenabled permissions for BF2 in your Anti Virus/firewall software?

Comment

You could be on the right track with the anti-virus thing. My Norton antivirus seems to be playing up and wont let me enable/disable auto-protect - the system tray icon says it's disabled but the main Norton window says it's enabled. So maybe some conflict somewhere?

Comment

That sounds like a good bet. My Norton gives me constant grief over permissions. Sometimes it will allow them to be changed, other times it will say they are allowed and then still ask me when i start the game causing a crash. I found a reinstall helped, but that caused its own mammoth saga of grief trying to update Norton back to the latest software. Could i suggest running the Automated support assistant over at the NAV site which might identify any problems:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/asa/index.jsp

Also if you are using a seperate non-norton firewall search their support base for setup instructions. I seem to recall from my norton traumas that this is one of the greatest causes of trouble.

Apart from that if the problemn still persists it will need one of the more technologically minded bofins to help you with this.

Comment

first of all get rid of norton....its very resource intensive and just plain sucks....go with AVG the free version for your AV and get the Zone alarm free version and will be better coverd.....
              -Vulcan

Comment

^^^^^^^
                What Trooper said.

AVG Anti-Virus
                http://www.grisoft.com/doc/289/lng/us/tpl/tpl01

ZoneAlarm
                http://www.zonelabs.com
                -33rd- BaneII
                Smokers & Jokers

Comment

Thanks, JimmyTwoHand, Trooper and BaneII. I uninstalled Norton and installed AVG and connected first time.
                  May-be I'll see you on the 'field sometime.

Again - many thanks.

Comment

Glad its working ok teeth204. I keep thinking about AVG as so many people recommend it. Unfortunatley i juts cant shake the feeling that something i have paid for must be better no matter how irrational that may be.

Comment

once you try it and feel how much faster and less bogged down your system runs you will change....its just a simple AV that does what its supposed to..
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Your welcome, Teeth. Glad it worked for ya. I was prime Norton user back in the day but they have gone downhill over the years. Nothing like free and effective. Just remember to alllow AVG to automatically update itself. Grisoft is pretty good about it and there is usually a daily update.

Also, please make sure you are running a firewall on your computer. Anti-virus and firewall are like two sides of the same coin.
                        -33rd- BaneII
                        Smokers & Jokers

Comment

I am paying memeber of TG and yet I got kicked last night/today and couldn't get back into the game...is there something SPECIAL I have to do ?

Also...I'd like to jump onto the TG 42nd squad and cant seem to remeber who to send a email to...other the seeing Luckyshot at work...who do I talk too ?

[email protected]

Comment

your first post with the problem got closed for a reason..so why post again in someone else's thread...just doesn't make sence....use the search function that this forum offers....i guarantee you will find your answer...poor kittens
                            -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...