So I got a joystick...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got a joystick...

Thanks to WhiskeySix, I got a joystick yesterday.
    I've been tinkering around this afternoon with it and I'm having difficulting NOT crashing within 30 seconds. I'd like to have only the Y-axis inverted but haven't cracked the nut on that one yet. That's probably my biggest problem so far.
    Does anyone have any suggestions on how I should setup my config? Do I need to change any of the pitch/yaw factors or is that mouse only?

I have a Saitek ST290 Pro if that helps.

Re: So I got a joystick...

When you are setting up the joystick in BF2, just pull in stick in the direction you want to go. If you want to push forward to bring the nose up, then do that for pitch up, it will automatically fill in the opposite direction. Or have you tried this and it didn't work?

Oh yea, Saitek has some new beta drivers out if you wanna play with those (may need to register on their forums to see that post).
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

I thought I tried that but I'll give it another shot. May have done it wrong.

Comment

There's a button you can check to inverse Y-axis for helicopter controls, and another one for plane controls.

My joystick is old and crappy, and tends to the bottom left. Good luck with yours though.

Comment

Got it working now. Thanks perry, I had indeed set it backwards (twice!).

I must say it's still pretty difficult for me to do anything productive in the air. I can keep it in the air now but manuevering and attacking objects is going to take alot of practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Faultline
            Got it working now. Thanks perry, I had indeed set it backwards (twice!).

I must say it's still pretty difficult for me to do anything productive in the air. I can keep it in the air now but manuevering and attacking objects is going to take alot of practice.
            I did that when I set up my joystick too. You can practice flying a jet on Operation Clean Sweep in singleplayer if you want to get better. that's a good place to learn because the only jets are bombers, so they're slower and easier to control. If you play on the MEC side you most likely won't have any Anti-Air problems either (except the other jet pilot, but bot pilots suck, badly)
            AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X