Battlefield 2 bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 bug

Sometimes after I click 'quit' in battlefield 2 ill go to desktop but the bf2.exe process will stay running and i have to ctrl-alt-del it. Obviously not a priority to get fixed but it's a bit annoying nonetheless. I searched this forum and google but couldnt find any similar problems discussed. The only solution i have come up with so far is reinstall but i dont feel like doing that right now. Anyone had this problem and fixed it in a way other than a reinstall?
    Another closely related problem: the odd time ill click the battlefield 2 icon to go into the game and the square that says 'battlefield 2' will come up but then instead of going to the game the square will disappear and ill still be on the desktop but the bf2.exe process will be running. the fix is a ctrl-alt-del and then go for it again.

As a final question, is there a way to turn down the sound of only the commo rose things. hearing "incoming troops" a thousand times is annoying. It should be changed so you only hear the commo rose messages from your squad. that would be neat.
    |TG-1stMIP| Shawn02

[volun]

Re: Battlefield 2 bug

I only notice the "stuck" process when I have TeamSpeakOverlay going. Do you use that? I think it's just a bug related to that program. Trying to start BF2 with those extra processes going results in just what you describe - the splash screen appearing then disappearing and the game not actually starting.

I've never had that stuck process appear when TSO wasn't running, and never had the splash screen do its little dance when the process wasn't going.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

ah TSO, thats what ive changed in the past couple of weeks. thanks perry

PROBLEM SOLVED!
      |TG-1stMIP| Shawn02

[volun]

Comment

I get the bug pretty often. I wouldn't stop using TSO though. It's usefullness outweight a small but like that that takes about 10 seconds to fix.

---

Comment

Yeah I was kind of surprised to see bf2.exe was still running in the background after 30 minutes. No wonder my computer was dying, I had Pshop, BF2editor, 3 instances of Firefox, iTunes and BF2 open all at once =/

Comment

Wow, the only problem Ive had with the bf2.exe running is when i quit and then directly go to shut down. It won't quit itself and every time i try to bring the window up again, it pops down to try to shut down. I had to hard shutdown on it, and i'm never doing that again.

Comment

Open a notepad window and put the following into it:
              Code:
              @echo off
              TSKILL /A /V "bf2"
              pause
              File -> Save As -> "KillBF2.bat"

When run, this will kill the Battlefield 2 process. If you don't want it to display the black box afterwards, remove the "pause" command.

~Salad

|TG-9th| By Any Means!

- [ Creator of the Battlefield 2 Localization Files ] -
              - [ Creator of the Battlefield 2142 Localization Files ] -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed