Logitech G5/G7 mice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G5/G7 mice

I bought a G5 about a month ago. The mousewheel was defective right out of the box so I returned it and got another G5. The thing is I use Mouse3 (when you push the mousewheel down) for VOIP, so I use the button a lot. The G5 does not "click" when you push the button down, so you never really know when you're actually transmitting, which lead me to push the button down harder than usual (not excessively hard but still).

After a week of using my 2nd G5, while talking on VOIP the mousewheel went "crack" and the mousewheel down stopped working, although I could still use Mouse3 and mousewheel up. I went to exchange it again but they didn't have any G5s left, only G7, so I ended up getting a G7 and paying the difference.

The G7 is wireless (G5 is wired) and the mousewheel actually clicks and seems alot more solid. I was worried that wireless would lag a bit but it's just like a wired mouse...no lag at all. It is $139 CAN however, but the G5 was $99 CAN. The G7 is a lot better than the G5...doesn't get the adjustable weights the G5 gets but it really doesn't make much of a difference.

The moral of this story is, if you planned on getting a G5 and you use the mousewheel button (mouse3), get a G7 instead, it'll save you many trips to the store and I can't tell you how annoying a small thing like not being able to scroll down webpages with the mousewheel is. The additional $40 CAN upgrade from a G5 to a G7 is worth it imo, if you're buying a $100 mouse you're obviously not on a tight budget. If you still have an optical mouse I totally recommend getting a laser mouse like the G7, the difference in precision and control is very noticeable

Re: Logitech G5/G7 mice

I have a Mx1000, more expensive than the G7 or G5, but is incredibly good, especfiall ythe recharging is easy

[cross][conduct]
    Remember: "Eddie Chiang is always cooler than the other side of your pillow."

Comment

the mx1000 is older and same price as the G5, the G7 is the top of the line in logitech mice right now

Comment

i just cant deal with the batteries, the mouse could be the best in the world, but if the batteries keep running out at the most inapropriate times it would just get on my nerves.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

I have an MX1000 too. I think it has lower resolution than the G7 though. The batteries run for days without a recharge, so you have ample time to stick it in the charging cradle before the batteries die. It's a good mouse. I got it a couple of months ago for US$40, look for the deals and rebates.

Comment

Originally posted by Xink
            i just cant deal with the batteries, the mouse could be the best in the world, but if the batteries keep running out at the most inapropriate times it would just get on my nerves.
            I've had a G7 for a few weeks, and while the batteries do die every couple of days, the charging and switching system is so good that it doesn't phase me in the least. When I see the battery getting low (indicated on the top of the mouse), I switch it out while waiting to respawn and carry on. It takes about 5 seconds if you don't fumble. :)

I definitely do hate the middle mouse button though. I would never consider using that as my VOIP activator.
            Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Hey great! I've got a G7 as well.. can't say enough good things about it. It's easily the 6 or 7th mouse I've used over the last 4 or 5 months. The latest being the MX518, MX1000, and finally the G7.

The MX1000 was tough to give up but the light weight of the G7, higher resolution, and interchangeable batteries.. really make a nice difference. Oh yeah.. the switchable resolution is nice and convenient too. Being able to switch batteries in-game without missing a beat is nice - I always forgot to recharge the MX1000.

For the record.. the MX1000 has become the workhorse mouse of choice for our office.
              sigpic

Comment

I have an MX700: I'm not replacing this baby until it stops working! It's my favorite mouse so far, but I bet if I tried a G7 I'd fall in love. Which means I have to stay away: no sense in discarding a perfectly good MX700.

Comment

Originally posted by Xink
                  Well Logitech decided to not be retards and included 2 battery packs with the G7. While you're using one pack (which lasts ~10 hours), the other is recharging in the little pod thing right in front of you. My batteries died last night in middle of a game and it took me like 10 seconds to change them.

Comment

Post this in the Hardware/Software forum so non-BF2 players don't make the same mistake! :p

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonehead
                      I looked at em, but I can't stand running out of juice at a crucial moment!
                      No - really don't let the battery thing shy you away - with the loading system Logitech choose it really only takes 4 seconds to switch the battery - I am certain it doesn't even take Kilrogg a full 10 seconds to change the battery - it's faster than swapping mags on your Glock .45

The system also gives you a lot of clear warning when you are getting low on juice.

Originally posted by Bonehead
                      So ended up going with the MX510, great res and I like the button layouts.
                      Us old farts can't handle too many buttons at once LOL :-)
                      Yes- the 510 is good too.. but I think the G7 actually has fewer buttons.. if you discount the two mouse-specific resolution +/- buttons. For the $ - the 510 is very good though.

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                      Post this in the Hardware/Software forum so non-BF2 players don't make the same mistake!
                      - Agreed
                      sigpic

Comment

Ya, and it should be mentioned that the max resolution setting makes the turrets turn so fast it feels like cheating. Especially in the APC, which can zip around so fast it makes me dizzy.
                        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

I use the G5. Love it. Don't believe in wireless mice. Agree that wheel button could be clickier. Favourite feature: adjustable sensitivity; in BF2, I used high for turrets (nice fast transit), medium for general stuff, and low for careful aiming.
                          |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                            Ya, and it should be mentioned that the max resolution setting makes the turrets turn so fast it feels like cheating. Especially in the APC, which can zip around so fast it makes me dizzy.
                            Now of course.. ME.. with my.. Umm.. l33t twitch relf3xes.. helps me ZIP RIGHT PAST THE TARGET every time! Good thimg the 'SLOW DOWN' button is nearby!

Haha.. now.. just because I personally feel that this mouse deserves any gamers endorsement - does not mean that it made my AIM any better! LOL!:madsmile:
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMann
                              I use the G5. Love it. Don't believe in wireless mice. Agree that wheel button could be clickier. Favourite feature: adjustable sensitivity; in BF2, I used high for turrets (nice fast transit), medium for general stuff, and low for careful aiming.
                              You don't believe in wireless mice? Whether or not you believe in them, they exist, man. I don't believe in Montana, but people insist they live there. It's the same thing with the mice: no matter what you think, I still use one every day.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X