BF2 wont load

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 wont load

I havent played in a while, and decided to give it another go. Patched up last night, went to load, get the BF2 Splash screen, screen goes black for a few seconds, then it dumps me back to desktop.

I uninstalled, and reinstalled this evening, patched up....same deal. Any ideas?

Im not even getting to the login screen or the intros....
    If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
    with any questions or concerns.
    |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Re: BF2 wont load

That happened to me after i patched. It had reset my Norton AV and firewall and when the popup about permissions came up it was crashing. Took me an age to figure it out. Once i had manually enabled permissions again it was fine though. Might not be the same thing, but that was what got me.

Comment

I get the same problem when i try to start BF2 when my monitors are setup in Clone mode (Computer CRT, LCD TV)

Have to reset it to Single display for the game to run.

Comment

Recent monitor change? You'll get this if your monitor doesn't support the same resolution and refresh that you used previously (like if you switched to LCD).

My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\<whatever profile>\video.con

Change VideoSetting.setResolution to something you know will work.
        Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by Flippin
          I get the same problem when i try to start BF2 when my monitors are setup in Clone mode (Computer CRT, LCD TV)

Have to reset it to Single display for the game to run.

do u have tv out enabled? if so have it set to 1 display like flippin siad

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
          Delta MICS
          Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

btw, this fixed my problem. Thanks! (Had just switched from my Sony Trinitron 19" CRT to a new Samsung 19" LCD)
            If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
            with any questions or concerns.
            |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Also, this happens to me when I stick my BF2 CD into my DVD drive. Works fine in my CD Drive/Burner though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X