got a new monitor need some help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a new monitor need some help

I got a new Samsung Syncmaster 914v 19in lcd monitor for xmas. Got it all hooked up installed the drivers and went to fire BF2 up and I get the splash screen then nothing just a black screen. I can hear the music in the background and when I CON ALT DEL I can see the game flash so I know it is loading so it's definitely something with the new monitor. So I checked and verified that I was running most up to date monitor drivers, video card driver is the lastest omega drivers. I have deleted the BF2 documents file and that didn't help. Went into profiles in the document file and manually changed the game resolutions to something I thought would work and that didn't help. Is there something I need to do to get this thing to work? I can play other games just fine it's just with BF2. Any help would be appreciated thanks
    Specs
    2.4c p4 800fsb
    1gig 3200 ddr mem 400 hz
    ATI Radeon Sappire Atlantis 9600
    MSI K8N P865 Neo 2 mobo
    XP Home w/ SP2
    sigpic

Re: got a new monitor need some help

I am running dual Samsung's. Primary is the SyncMaster 930B and secondary is a 913T. I did all my setting using my video card. I am running a BFG G-force 7800 nVidia. I used the setting program that came with the card to set my monitors up.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Check out what I said here. It may be related to that.
      Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by icky
        Check out what I said here. It may be related to that.
        Yep I read that when I was doing a search for related topics and tried moving the resolutions up and down and nothing worked. Thanks
        sigpic

Comment

did you make sure to change the refresh rate, also?
          [TG]epheneh

Comment

the refresh rate is currently set at 60hz according to BF2 easy info. What should it be changed to if this is incorrect.
            sigpic

Comment

I had the same issue when I got my Samsung Syncmaster 930B back in August. I changed the refresh rate to 60mhz on both BF2 and in the Nvidia settings and it worked fine after that.

I only had to do that when I went digital. My monitor has either a digital or a rgb output. I was lazy and went with rgb for a few weeks...then finally fiddled around with the refresh rates and viola...im onboard with the dvi now.

good luck..I'll bet you get it worked out.
              sigpic
              |TG-1st|Grunt
              ARMA Admin (retired)
              Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Definitely sounds like a resolution or refresh rate conflict. If icky's suggestion didn't work try adjusting the properties of the BF2 shortcut. Which should look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

Change the resolution values to your native res on the new lcd monitor.
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Well I just got off the phone with Tech support at Samsung and they can't fix it either. I have to wait until their second level support team comes in tomorrow which I have to work so I have to wait until Wed. I'm telling ya BF2 will be the death of me. Thanks for tryin everybody
                  sigpic

Comment

Fixed, I was running the omega drivers and samsung monitors don't recognize the omegas so I updated to the 5.13 catalyst and viola! we have BF2. This game is still going to be the death of me or the end of my marriage. Thanks to all who tried to help.
                    sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X