2 Systems, 1 CD KEY????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 Systems, 1 CD KEY????

I coulda sworn someone made a post on whether EA allows you to install BF2 on 2 systems (ie. Desktop and Laptop) but I cant find it here in the forums.

Im pretty sure that it would be impossible to play online from both at the same time but I dont want to try the install on my laptop and end up having my account suspended by the EA Nazis. Anyone know?
    Warcriminal
    chillin n' killin wit authoritaaaaa!!

Re: 2 Systems, 1 CD KEY????

There isn't a problem installing on two systems. You can use the same account to log in as long as the other system isn't logged in at the same time.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Sarc iis right. I have it on multiple systems and as long as only one is logged in you will have no problems.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Yep, I have mine installed on multiple machines, it just wont let you log on from 2 diffrent locations at once.

Comment

thats wierd...i have one on laptop and one on desktop...it allows me to login in under 2 different account names but doesnt let my play on the same server

Comment

Wow, is it using the same account or diffrent accounts under the same CD key.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul
              thats wierd...i have one on laptop and one on desktop...it allows me to login in under 2 different account names but doesnt let my play on the same server
              If it's two different CD keys, it may be a problem with using the same Internet connection. Some games have problems when two computers on a LAN want to connect to the same server. It may be a confusion with which computer to send packets to or a PunkBuster cheat protection.

Comment

It's one CD key. I have to computers and they can LAN together without any problems.
                |TG| aschmack

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc=
                  If it's two different CD keys, it may be a problem with using the same Internet connection. Some games have problems when two computers on a LAN want to connect to the same server. It may be a confusion with which computer to send packets to or a PunkBuster cheat protection.
                  its one key

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenSoul
                    its one key
                    If it's one key then you can only have one system playing at a time. It doesn't matter if the accounts are different. The account only logs stats and isn't tied to the CD key. If you install on a computer with a CD key, that's the one used to authenticate when you use that computer. If it's playing on a LAN server, it'll probably work. Most games let you use the same key over LAN or by disconnecting the LAN from the Internet.

Comment

thats wierd...cuase i could swear me and my friend were able to play online on different servers at the same time with the same key installed on both computers

Comment

Read the EULA it is probably prohibited there. Other than that it shouldn't be a problem.

It used to be common to see an exception addendum to allow two installations with one key - the criterion being one is a mobile device and the other a 'permanent' workstation. One version of XP is that way.. I think it is XP Pro. Many Autodesk products ex. AutoCAD) have that exception in them.

I just spent a few minutes looking for the EULA but couldn't find it in any of the directories.. thats a bit odd. Anyhow, if you find the EULA, depending on how it is written, the master will probably prohibit the installation of the product on more than one computer at a time - but check the addendums to see if there is an exception to the master.

Are you guys using a 'No-CD' patch or a CD image to play?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot
                          Can you do that? I though PunkBuster would see this and prohbit someone from playing online.
                          |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot
                            Read the EULA it is probably prohibited there. Other than that it shouldn't be a problem.

It used to be common to see an exception addendum to allow two installations with one key - the criterion being one is a mobile device and the other a 'permanent' workstation. One version of XP is that way.. I think it is XP Pro. Many Autodesk products ex. AutoCAD) have that exception in them.

I just spent a few minutes looking for the EULA but couldn't find it in any of the directories.. thats a bit odd. Anyhow, if you find the EULA, depending on how it is written, the master will probably prohibit the installation of the product on more than one computer at a time - but check the addendums to see if there is an exception to the master.

But then again there is this addendum in my head that says, "I don't care about the EULA"
                            |TG| aschmack

Comment

Originally posted by xRANSACKx
                              Can you do that? I though PunkBuster would see this and prohbit someone from playing online.
                              The NO-CD might be a problem but a CD image or mini-image is fine.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X