Change the crouch button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change the crouch button

I have had my crouch on the side button of my mouse since BF2 came out. When i changed my player name from leadinyourhead to l1stMIPlLead (obviously i joined 1st and leadinyourhead was to long) i had to set up a new login. I lost all my setting when i did that. NOW i cant get my crouch to change from the control (whick I use for teamspeak) back to the mouse button. It says it changes, but it doesnt work. Ive tried other buttons, so its not the button. When i went back to the defualt it doesnt list any button for crouch.

Im out of options with the exception of delete/reload program. Unfortunatly i deleted the other account and I would imagine the setting went with it.

Thanks for any help.

Lead
    "No poor TG Squad Leader ever won a flag by dying for his squad, he won the flag making the other poor SL die for his squad" By General George S. Patton......(slightly revised for TG by leadinyourhead)

Re: Change the crouch button

what kind of mouse? are the drivers installed for it? got a programming app?
    [TG]epheneh

Comment

I had similar problems trying to rebind keys once I re-installed. Either it would say the keys switched but didn't, or it would say the key was already bound to something else (which it wasn't). Thankfully, I saved my profile folders before the re-install, so I just put them back on the machine. Wish I knew how to help you. :(
      [squadl]
      "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

have you tried just copying your control config file from your old account to your new one?
        sigpic

Comment

its a logitech cordless mouse. Its worked fine with the old login name. Now that ive changed it doesnt work

I deleted the old login name and i would imagine that the config file went with it.
          "No poor TG Squad Leader ever won a flag by dying for his squad, he won the flag making the other poor SL die for his squad" By General George S. Patton......(slightly revised for TG by leadinyourhead)

Comment

There is a known bug in the BF2 settings that binds crouch to left shift. Not sure if that is your only problem but give this a shot:

Make a backup of your Controls.con file in case something screws up, and then change the extension from .con to .txt. Open it in notepad and so a search for everything that says "LeftShift". You want to change this in Infantry, Land, Sea, etc. but not the "defaultGameControlMap" section. I changed these to RightShift, since I don't use that for anything. When done, change the ext back to .con and fire BF2 up.

Make sure to make a backup, if you accidentally change other things in the con file Punkbuster may not like you any more.

If this doesn't fix your issue, then the game may not be recognizing your mouse button as a bindable keystroke -- I've had that happen too. Reinstall your mouse software to try and fix this. If that doesn't work, in your mouse software just bind the button you want to use whatever your BF2 crouch key is.

Hope that helps.

Comment

EA has known about the binding problems since day one, but incredibly hasn't done anything about them. Why couldn't they have just kept the code the same from BF1942? I don't remember any binding problems from that game.

Comment

I have a logitech G7 cordless mouse and it's hit or miss as to whether any of my key bindings will work. I have mine set special for medic kit and when i fire a game up, it will work like a charm (side button-push to talk, scroll left-machine gun, scroll wheel right-shock paddles, push in scroll wheel-prone). If i restart the game, none of them work, so I can't figure it out either. Like others have said, it's a bug with Bf2
                |TG-1stMIP| Ransack

Comment

I've got a Logitech Mx1000 and the middle button along witht he scroll buttons and the buttons on the side of it are absolutely useless. They can't be bound to anything.

[volun][drill]
                  I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...