Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How will my new laptop handle BF2?

Hey guys,

I'm buying a new laptop, and wondered if anyone has a similar (or better or worse) system so I can find out how well it will handle BF2.

Here's the spec:
    Pentium M 770 ( 2.13GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533MHz FSB)
    2048MB 533MHz DDR2 SDRAM (2x1024)
    80GB (5,400rpm) IDE Hard Drive
    17" UltraSharp™ Wide Screen WUXGA (1920 x 1200) Display with TrueLife
    NVIDIA® Geforce Go 6800 ULTRA with 256MB DDR video memory
    24xCDRW/8xDVDComboDrive

[at][unit]

Re: How will my new laptop handle BF2?

processor is probably the worst aspect, but it should run.

Comment

Well that laptop seems to be better than my desktop and mine handles it adequately (although i have to sacrifice most of the eye candy). Dont see how that will have any problems.

Comment

Well, its ordered now. I upgraded the HD to a 7200rpm model before I got it. Now I just have the awful wait to suffer through.

My desktop is already on steroids (AMD64 3200, X800XT, 2GB RAM, twin Barracudas in RAID0) I just wondered if this will sate my BF2 hunger while watching TV with the missus.

[at][unit]

Comment

Im sure she will be thrilled that BF2 is eating up even more of your quality time together. ;) :D

Comment

WOW!,

If I tried to play BF2 while watching tv/spending time with my wife she would throw a fit!! And that's putting it nicely!! LOL

Good luck with that!

Chappie :)

Comment

doesnt beatnick have his hooked up to his tv just for that reason...playing while "talking" to his wife...

o and yah that laptop is better then my desktop and it runs it okay so you should be just fine
              that sounds like a good idea trooper.
              -Vulcan

Comment

I can report that BF2 runs very nicely indeed :)

[at][unit]

Comment

im running on a laptop. its much worse than yours but it works. (1.6 M, 1 gig ram, 128 ati 9600 pro). I only get a problem when the laptop heats up and than it therefore has to reduce clock speeds/cpu power to cool back down. To counter this, I enabled my fans to turn on after a certain temp (its for dell laptops) and got one of those notebook coolers. Both really help alot and keep the temps down to increase the notebooks life. I suggest it if you dont want it running around 100 deg celcius!
                  Last edited by DrunkenSoul; 01-07-2006, 10:52 AM.

Comment

The processor is great. Keep in mind that the Pentium M uses a different architecture than the Pentium 4 (it's actually closer to a P3) and the clock speed matters less in terms of performance.

Like all laptops, it's the hard drive that's relatively slow. Seagate has some superior notebook drives.
                    |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
                      doesnt beatnick have his hooked up to his tv just for that reason...playing while "talking" to his wife...

o and yah that laptop is better then my desktop and it runs it okay so you should be just fine
                      LOL I'm not married and not employed. One at a time, ladies... ;)

My laptop is a PM 1.6, 1 gig ram, ATI X300. I can run the game decently at all low settings, so you'll have no problem, and probably even squeeze some medium settings/AA in there.
                      Beatnik

Comment

I'm running at 1600*1200 @ 60Hz, with all details set high and 4*AA. Getting 30-40fps. I'll probably reduce the res a bit to improve the fps, but its so pretty atm I'm leaving it high so I can appreciate the detail.

[at][unit]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X