buggiest pile of crap ever.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buggiest pile of crap ever.

i swear to god, this game is going to be the death of me.

little history-

i played the bf2 demo before the game was released on an athlon 1700+ with 512mb of memory and a radeon 9800. ran decent-ish at low settings.

when the game came out, i was up to an A64 3000+ with 1gig and the same videocard. ran good at medium-ish settings. added a creative x-fi somewhere down the line, also.

then came the patches. with each consecutive patch EA has released, my performance has gone down. i got to the point where i had to run with everything on low with no AA to not get horrible choppiness.

recently, i upgraded my videocard to an x850pro. things seemed to get a lot better. i was running everything on medium with 4xAA and was getting 60-70fps or more on everything except the poorly-done maps like kubra.

tonight, my sound quit working. i stripped all the sound drivers off of my computer, reinstalled from the CD (creative's newer downloadable drivers won't work right, BF2 pretends i don't have an x-fi and my sound is all crackly). i was golden.

just went to to hop on TG and play, and now i'm getting 30fps max. 20 or less average, it might as well be a slideshow.

what. the. hell.

this is also on a fresh format less than a month old.
    [TG]epheneh

Re: buggiest pile of crap ever.

hahahaha - i love computers!!

Try these drivers for your vid card: http://www.omegadrivers.net/

I just upgraded (i have an x800xl), and am psyched w/ the options these drivers have...

also - make sure you don't have Temporal AA enabled - that kicked my video cards ass for some reason.

<shrug> dunno 'bout the sound issues though...

Comment

already had omega drivers. the standard ATi's have worked better.

and i just tried listening to some music. crackling is there with a vengeance.

i'm sure glad i have $100 headphones and a $100 sound card.

i could get better sound than this from a fisher price radio.
      [TG]epheneh

Comment

you should try the bf2 editor if you really wanna see buggy crap

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrogg
          you should try the bf2 editor if you really wanna see buggy crap
          thats cause its just a "Beta" Release, at least thats EA's excuse

I have an Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 and I was doing fine before all the patches, but now its impossible to play,im giving up for a while
          "The Taoist sage has no ambitions, therefore he can never fail. He who never fails always succeeds. And he who always succeeds is all- powerful." -- Lao Tzu

ingame name: Zuiquan1

Comment

sounds like you have a problem with your sound card. either driver related or hardware related (wow i feel we are getting closer to the problem ;)

what about other games? do they work? is start/run/dxdiag of any help?
            former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

As awesome as BF2 is, this is possibly the buggiest, most unpolished game I've ever played for an extended period of time.

I still sigh when my gun reloads, but only in sound, no animation. Or when I'm sniping and my gun will suddenly zoom in/out randomly when I'm going for a kill. Or when my waypoints are magically off on zatar. Or when....

It really is amazing they haven't polished this game up by now.

Comment

Yes, I would call BF2 a perfect example of being in the latter stages of Beta using the spiral development methodology that microsoft has perfected over the years.

However, I must say - sounds like there is more at issue with the hardware. I know that when I am at full-on High settings across the board there are only the usual glitches. like Bhack described. A very common hardware problem that can occur and produce symptoms like you describe is that a very low-voltage surge on the MB has resulted in causing system instability when at maximum loads.

That being said - I do not run BF2 on it's highest settings - because it is just too much delay when I need that 'twitch' - not that my 'twitch' is any good. But the framerate is king.

There is also the misconception that because someone has the 'biggest-and baddest' rig - they can run all settings maxed out without penalty - that is simply not true. For example, It was only recently that I could run FS2004 on maximum reality settings and graphics and maintain a reasonable framerate.

If a gaming-oriented software company only made the maximum capability of the package to current hardware ability - it would have a shorter lifespan than is common.

OK.. thats enough from me.. Sometimes I type too much.. ya think?
                sigpic

Comment

I disagree, Civ4 is the best game wrapped in bugs that I have ever played.

Az
                  [age-c1][command]

Comment

From experience - format c: and install a fresh xp + sp2 and everything will work 100%. It will. take less time and frustrating then to try and solve the problem.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X