about the script that kicks players that aren't in a squad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about the script that kicks players that aren't in a squad

My clan (the =|[Chronic]|= clan server ip:84.244.231.86:16567/ranked) has been trying to enforce the policy that all players must join squads. This rule was inspired by the TG rules. However my problem is that i'm getting very tired of constantly kicking people.

Now i would like to ask two things, and i hope i will get an answer from the Tg'ers who are responsible for these things.

1) Do you think it is at all possible to use the script that tg uses to autokick unassigned players on a ranked server which uses bf2 command and control?

2) If so is tg willing to provide this script to me

Now i suspect that using this kind of script is not allowed by the ranked server EULA but would like to do it anyway. In fact this should have been in the game from start, because e.g. a commander can't warn unassigned players usig the "move artillery" message.

Furthermore i hope i haven't broken TG forum rules by posting our server ip, and would like to invite any European TG players to stop by when they find the TG servers empty. If you guys ever do a european "pubbie raid", there's the place :). I've been trying for my squadmates to visit your server so then can experience bf2 the way it is ment to be played, but lag and the time difference gets in the way.

Re: about the script that kicks players that aren't in a squad

welcome to TG and glad to see we are making and impact

Tempus is the BF2 game officer and you should PM him
    Pokerface is the creater for said script so you should also PM him
    and our fearless leader is Apophis....

i cant speak for them on if they will allow you to use the script but i hope the informtion has helped you...

again welcome and always feel free to jump on our servers to see how its run
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Ranked servers will not allow you to modify their settings or scripts, so the answer is No.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I guess suspected EA would be smart enough to make such scripts impossible, but i had to ask just to make sure. However if bf2 cc could detect players that aren't in a squad (i don't think it has that feature rightnow), could it not by modified to automatticaly kick these players after a given time? I couldn't see why not, since all the calculations (counting time, keeping track of wether players are in a squad or not) could be done on my computer, and the bf2cc client on my computer (or a supplementary piece of software) could then use bf2cc to kick the violating players. So i would think it can be done without altering the files that are currently on the bf2server, thus avoiding the problem that no scripts can be installed. Is this solution at all plausible?

Although it is probably in vain, i've started a thread and a poll about such a feature on the official forum. As we've seen with the patch the are working on now, they do actually listen to community input, so if u feel like it, have a vote.
        http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic...=142592#142592

Comment

is the API for BF2CC published? is it a windows COM app?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
            Ehh i can surely not help you on that one, since you might as well be talking chinese as far as i'm concerned, but i will leave you their url, and then a url of the feature request i just made on their forum.

bf2cc wesite:
            http://www.bf2cc.com

Feature request topic:
            http://www.bf2cc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14655#14655

Thanks again for helping out.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix
              The BF2CC API is not published anywhere I've looked.
              [volun2]
              NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
              Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
              <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
              <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

wonder if this ever turned into anything:

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:G...ient=firefox-a

Comment

BF2CC is approved on ranked servers, and the devs do listen to reasonable suggestions. Essentially you have to convince them that this is a good idea, and then they have to convince EA. EA's the tougher nut to crack, but stranger things have been known to happen.

The kick system doesn't seem that different from BF2CC's smart balance system, in terms of what's needed to support the functionality, so it's really a SMOP for the BF2CC devs.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl
                    Although it is probably in vain, i've started a thread and a poll about such a feature on the official forum. As we've seen with the patch the are working on now, they do actually listen to community input, so if u feel like it, have a vote.
                    http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic...=142592#142592
                    Man, that thread is sad... I am so glad I don't have to play with the general public. :row__639:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

no kidding.....TG is a oasis...im not sure what these people are thinking when they complain aboout EA/DICE for fixing the lonewolf problems...o well i wil never go back to pubbie servers
                      that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Ya know reading that thread makes you appreciate TG that much more.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                          Man, that thread is sad... I am so glad I don't have to play with the general public. :row__639:
                          You got that right. I guess this is the forum you go to when you never play with friends.... I sometimes forget that other gamers DON'T seem to like the TG style of play... Baffling.

What i really don't understand is why these players don't move to ut2004 or quake or doom.

On the topic: I think bf2cc may work on it sometime, but they are thinkin too hard about it, because they don't dare enforce a strict rule; one of the coders wants to kick unassigned players only when the server is full. But to me that would be totally pointless, since you would still be playing with smacktards most of the time.

However, they might do it, keeping my fingers crossed.

ps good times on sf last night!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X