Desktop Clock to show EST and GMT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desktop Clock to show EST and GMT?

To help us Europeans work out when stuff is happening, does anyone know of a little app. for Windows that sits on the desktop and shows the times in the different zones?

There were tonnes of things like this for my Mac - 'World Clocks' - but not so sure about Windows.

Big thanks,

Ranger

(...A long time ago when I used to play Ghost Recon we used to use something called 'Internet Time' - a kind of zone-neutral clock that you could download off the Net somewhere...But I guess that's maybe just complicating things though!)
    |TG-Irr|Big-Ranger: BIG again, but still not clever!
    | |

Re: Desktop Clock to show EST and GMT?

Originally posted by BIG-Ranger
    To help us Europeans work out when stuff is happening, does anyone know of a little app. for Windows that sits on the desktop and shows the times in the different zones?

There were tonnes of things like this for my Mac - 'World Clocks' - but not so sure about Windows.

Big thanks,

Ranger

(...A long time ago when I used to play Ghost Recon we used to use something called 'Internet Time' - a kind of zone-neutral clock that you could download off the Net somewhere...But I guess that's maybe just complicating things though!)
    No it's not complicating things. I know there is a program that some TG'ers have used to convert all timezones. But I can't find it. I have searched but no luck. If anybody out there knows where we can find this little gem at we would be appreciated. Thanks
    sigpic

Comment

I was searching, and the closest I could get is http://www.softpedia.com/, you would have to do a search for World Clocks, and decide from the choices there. Hope this helps.
      |TG-Irr|sgtDFuller

Comment

Will this work for you?

http://www.timeanddate.com/

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Bubba
          Will this work for you?

http://www.timeanddate.com/
          Hi there - many thanks, this at least lets me calculate time differences...

For example I now know that the Irregulars TeamSpeak get together is at 4am UK time (11pm EST) - gulp!

LOL
          | |

Comment

or there is this program i just found for $1.95. also has a free 30 day trial i think
            http://www.timezonesforpcs.com/

Comment

Well it's actually 2am UK time. The meeting is 9pm EST
              sigpic

Comment

I got something, hold up...

Got it:

I printed this out and stuck it next to my PC. Not exactly an app but it does the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzid
                  Well it's actually 2am UK time. The meeting is 9pm EST
                  LOL - I was working on RMT - Ranger's Muddled Time!

:)

Thanks ~ For clearing this up.

That Time Zones For PCs looks good - does what I want. Puts little clocks on my desktop. Will invest in that!

Ta Just G!
                  | |

Comment

Originally posted by Shafik
                    I got something, hold up...

Got it:

I printed this out and stuck it next to my PC. Helps out alot.
                    Well - it's not as fancy as little desktop clocks! :D

But it does the business - Ta Shafik.
                    | |

Comment

Originally posted by BIG-Ranger

That Time Zones For PCs looks good - does what I want. Puts little clocks on my desktop. Will invest in that!

Ta Just G!
                      It still doesn't keep your eyes open till that time in the morning though!!

Comment

The thing about that chart, however, is that it doesn't account for Daylight Savings Time in the U.S.

As far as I can tell, we're the only country in the world that changes our clocks in the spring and fall...but really it's ingenious...if you set your clock ahead one hour in the spring, that's one additional hour of sunlight for your crops growin' in the fields... *cough*

THAT'S ALL I GOT FOLKS, G'NIGHT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coridon
                          The thing about that chart, however, is that it doesn't account for Daylight Savings Time in the U.S.

As far as I can tell, we're the only country in the world that changes our clocks in the spring and fall...but really it's ingenious...if you set your clock ahead one hour in the spring, that's one additional hour of sunlight for your crops growin' in the fields... *cough*

THAT'S ALL I GOT FOLKS, G'NIGHT!!!
                          UK and most of Europe do this too.

I reckon we should stick to ZULU time. I seem to remember from something that this is the universal time of NATO, and is GMT I think.

After a quick google

The "clock" at Greenwich, England is used as the standard clock for international reference of time in communications, military, aviation, maritime and other activities that cross time zones.

From http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/MAEL/ag/zulu.htm

[at][unit]

Comment

Clocklink:

Came across this - it's called ClockLink and allows you to put a shockwave clock on your webpage: http://www.clocklink.com/

It's free and will let you download shockwave clock - of the timezone of your choice - or an active desktop.

I'm still looking into it so dunno whether it's a good of bad thing yet...And unfortunatly the TG forum doesn't like teh embed cose so I can't pop one in here (unless I'm doing something wrong - haven't sussed out what kinda code this forum allows you to put in the posts!).

R
                            | |

Comment

http://timezoneconverter.com/

http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html

I recall this thread on my team forum where I was ranting about Daylight Saving Time.
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X