How do I....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I....

Do that duck and roll thing that I saw a bunch of you guys do last night?

I asked while we were playing but things were so crazy that I don't think anyone had time to explain it to me.

[volun][drill]
    I'm cannon fodder.

Re: How do I....

If you're talking about what you seen when someone runs and rolls down into a prone position, you've most likely already done it. It's just a bit of flashy animation that is added in for some flavor, and happens during some move-prone situations. Your "vision" won't actually roll or anything, and you can't see yourself do anything special.
    [squadl]
    "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

If you're talking about what happens when someone drinks too much at a bar and then tries to dance, you've most likely already done it. It's just a bit of drunken, spasmodic animation that is added in for some flavor, and happens previous to some fall-down situations. Your "vision" will actually roll all over the place, but you can't actually see yourself do anything special (although everyone else can, and will usually tell you about it later).

Comment

Originally posted by Strag
        Your "vision" will actually roll all over the place, but you can't actually see yourself do anything special (although everyone else can, and will usually tell you about it later).
        Your "vision" moves when you roll? Mine never has.
        [squadl]
        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan
          Your "vision" moves when you roll? Mine never has.
          Lucky.

Comment

Yeah, it's all automatic. Don't worry about it; there aren't any ninja moves you're missing out on.

Except the double jump kick flip. That one's a toughie, but it's worth it to learn. Oh, and the wall run + jump combo. That thing has saved my life like 10 times.

Comment

Ok, I thought I was missing something. Thanks.

[volun][drill]
              I'm cannon fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by TychoCelchuuu
                Except the double jump kick flip. That one's a toughie, but it's worth it to learn. Oh, and the wall run + jump combo. That thing has saved my life like 10 times.
                What about the mid-air hover? That's my favorite. I can jump off a building, hover, shoot my opponent while not moving, and then change direction and fly back on top of the building. Man, this really makes me want to go play UT2004 with the Monkey Matrix Moves mod. That was the best.
                AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

I dunno, the mid-air hover always seemed hard for me to control. The recoil while you do that is as bad as when you're jumping around, and it just seems like you're an easy target. I much prefer the speed-dash-slide. Tank's trying to run you over? Just slide under it, planting a couple of grenades while you do so!

Oh man, that would be so cool.

Comment

What about the slow-motion kung fu?!? How could we forget that? It's the best part of the game! :D
                    AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

What about the slow-motion kung fu?!?
                      It's not slow motion, the effects just lag your computer ;)

To get back on topic, I think it woud be good if your vision did roll. Would stop the - haha i've crept up behind you (enemy turns drops to the ground and 0.00001s later has put a perfectly accurate bullet into your head damn you Xeil!!!!!!!!

err... yes.

--edit
                      ps a forum search would have given you the answer to this ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfyn
                        It's not slow motion, the effects just lag your computer ;)
                        It must be all of the particle effects from the bullet trails. :icon_roll

Originally posted by Wulfyn
                        To get back on topic, I think it woud be good if your vision did roll. Would stop the - haha i've crept up behind you (enemy turns drops to the ground and 0.00001s later has put a perfectly accurate bullet into your head damn you Xeil!!!!!!!!

err... yes.

--edit
                        ps a forum search would have given you the answer to this ;)
                        The Monkey Matrix Moves Mod (Geez, that's a lot of alliteration) I mentionded earlier is like that. If you started dodging and rolling like crazy you could make yourself sick from the screen spinning so much, of course, you couldn't hit anything like that either.

If a the screen was to spin when your character rolls then I think the roll should be optional, but then there would have to be an extra key and it would get very complicated to control your character. Maybe in a mod....
                        AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Screen roll would be hella lag on almost any machine. Trust me, I rode in the Hummer with Homan the other night. :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by bootstrap
                            Screen roll would be hella lag on almost any machine. Trust me, I rode in the Hummer with Homan the other night. :icon_lol:
                            And yet my rig never lags when I'm sent across the map by a stray arty round, doing cartweels, backflips, and every other gymnastic feat imaginable all the way, To end with a spectacular faceplant and to twist into a position that would make an Olimpyc athlete green with envy. :D
                            War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling that thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, who has no chance at being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -- John Stuart Mill--

"O xein angellein lakedaimoniois hoti tede keimetha tois keinon rhemasi peithomenoi"- Monument, Thermopylae

Comment

BF2 has some of the funniest idle animations.... I was looking at an AFK assult guy and he turned his G3 sideways and kissed it before returning to normal and looking at me like I was strange for watchin :)
                              "Victory without Honor, is Pointless..."
                              "I regret that I only have 1 life per spawn, to give to my team...."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X